Apple TV view by folder

sitnud

Looks like this was promised "in the next version" almost a year and a half ago. Any progress? We just switched to apple tv's and now emby is essentially worthless by not being able to split up the ability to browse by folder.

corey
Just now, sitnud said:

Looks like this was promised "in the next version" almost a year and a half ago. Any progress? We just switched to apple tv's and now emby is essentially worthless by not being able to split up the ability to browse by folder.

Hi @sitnud -- I don't recall this being promised but with tvOS we have a fixed number of menu / tab items we can add so it's all about trade-offs. Most of the libraries (Movies / TV / Music) are at their tab limits already so to add a new one we'd have to remove one that's already there.

We have not explored a tvOS specific setting that would allow a user to choose what tabs would be available.

corey

In re-reading that thread it sounds like there was a misunderstanding. The most recent version of the app has a brand new folder view. However it does not allow you to view a library by folder.

corey
1 minute ago, sitnud said:

well that sucks. It is vital to the way we use the app. I will explore other options

Ya I'm sorry it doesn't meet your use case at the moment. The fixed number of tabs is quite the pain on tvOS.