Progress bar stops progressing and responding to input.

Mr_Scumbag

Mr_Scumbag

Quite new to Emby. Already bought a month's subscription to Premier as a trial before going to lifetime if I'm satisfied that it's worth replacing Plex. Have loaded it up it on a new Windows 10 install and use it with The Chrome web browser and Chromecast. I'm finding that quite frequently, when I'm playing or shuffling a series, after the first episode has played, the progress bar at the bottom of the screen stops and no longer progresses. So it stays at 0:00 while the episode plays on my TV as normal. In fact, the status bar/controls will stop responding altogether, so won't reflect the current episode and will not allow pause/stop/track forward, etc.

This can be remedied by refreshing the page, which will then show the correct playing episode as well as the track progress straight away as if nothing happened (It stays connected to the Chromecast with no problems). Unfortunately, once the episode finishes and the next episode starts, the issue will usually reoccur until the page is refreshed once again.

This does not occur with Plex, so seems specific to Emby. I do not want to go back to Plex. I would really like to resolve this problem. I do not want to go back to Plex. I do not want to go back to Plex. I do not want to go back to Plex.

It's pretty strange and also frustrating as I am frequently in a full screen app on my other monitor and primarily use hotkeys to control Emby which will stop responding to those inputs whenever this occurs.

Edit:

I've just spent some time testing and this is happening 100% of the time when Chromecasting more than one item in sequence with Emby. So If I play a series, and hit play on episode 1, everything is fine, the navigation bar shows the episode progressing (although it doesn't progress every second but every other second, so 0:02 then two seconds later, 0:04 etc. No idea if this has anything to do with my problem) the problem starts as soon as it finished the first episode and starts playing the second. The navigation bar updates with the second episode's title, but then stops responding to input altogether and showing the episode's progress, so gets stuck at 0:00 and none of the navigation buttons or volume will work at all. I can move the volume bar and press the buttons, but they have no effect on the chromecasted media on the TV.

If I refresh the page, it will immediately update with the correct track progress and the buttons will function again, but as soon as the next episode starts, the problem re-occurs 100% of the time, so something is happening as soon as the next episode starts.

Edited by Mr_Scumbag
Additional info

• 1 month later...