Remote connection using android not working

JonFlynn

JonFlynn

Hello,

I am trying to connect remotely to my emby server but it will not work. I've tried following the wiki and just doing the email route a bunch of times but can never get anything to work. Ive attached a screenshot of the error I keep getting. Doesnt make sense because the server is definitely on and I can connect in network. Can somebody please help? 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20200823-152932_Emby.jpg

Edited by JonFlynn
More info

JonFlynn

Yea I tried do to the port forwarding but probably fucked it all up cause it was too confusing. Not really sure how to proceed.

If  you want to download TeamViewer & install it I can remote in and give you a hand.

Let me know.

JonFlynn

Actually I dont think it is possible. I was doing a bit of searching and it seems like my VPN is screwing things up. Will have to figure out a way around that.

You don't want VPN running on your Emby server.  So either turn it off or see if it has split tunneling so Emby Server run outside the VPN.

Vpns are fine as long as you're able to configure it correctly.  But to keep things simple and help isolate the problem it might make things easier to temporarily disable it.

What I've been seeing Luke is the Public VPNs are most banned or throttled at out meta-sites probably because of abuse they get from those IPs.  You'll see tons of timeouts in the logs.

1 hour ago, JonFlynn said:

Actually I dont think it is possible. I was doing a bit of searching and it seems like my VPN is screwing things up. Will have to figure out a way around that.

We can assist you remotely with this if needed, just ask.  The VPN usually isn't a problem for remote access. Only if you make a network change it drops it but then 10 seconds later you can reconnect.  

JonFlynn

Cayars, I was able to add an exception for emby to bypass the VPN. Just didn't realize that was the problem. Everything works now. Thanks! 

Edited by JonFlynn
  • Like 1

bauerhunter11@gmail.com

How did you get it working? I am using NordVPN and trying to get Emby Connect working while the VPN is active, but not having any success so far.

Split tunneling

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/34847/introducing-split-tunneling#:~:text=Split tunneling allows applications to,connect directly to the internet.&text=You can then select Add,the application of your choice.

"Split tunneling allows applications to bypass the VPN using the App Exclusions feature. When utilized, the excluded applications will bypass the VPN and connect directly to the internet. ... You can then select Add Application and exclude the application of your choice."