Sorting boxsets / collections

steve1977

steve1977

I may be overlooking something very trivial, so apologies for opening this new thread.

Was trying to sort my collections / boxsets alphabetically. somehow, the sorting-bar is greyed out and the collections are sorted in some weird random order.

What am I missing?

xnappo

Most definitely a bug.  Surprised no one noticed before!

Fixed in the Git, but if you just want to do a quick hack just change this line:

collections.append({'title':'BoxSets'                , 'sectype' : 'std.movies', 'section' : 'movies'  , 'address' : __settings__.getSetting('ipaddress')+":"+__settings__.getSetting('port') , 'path' : '/mediabrowser/Users/' + userid + '/Items?Recursive=true&SortBy=PremiereDate&Fields=' + detailsString + '&SortOrder=Ascending&IncludeItemTypes=BoxSet&format=json','thumb':'', 'poster':'', 'fanart_image':'', 'guiid':''})

to:

collections.append({'title':'BoxSets'                , 'sectype' : 'std.movies', 'section' : 'movies'  , 'address' : __settings__.getSetting('ipaddress')+":"+__settings__.getSetting('port') , 'path' : '/mediabrowser/Users/' + userid + '/Items?Recursive=true&SortBy=SortName&Fields=' + detailsString + '&SortOrder=Ascending&IncludeItemTypes=BoxSet&format=json','thumb':'', 'poster':'', 'fanart_image':'', 'guiid':''})

The difference is 'SortBy=SortName' vs. 'SortBy=PremiereDate'.  This was a copy/paste error when the feature was added.

Thanks,

xnappo

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

steve1977

Brilliant, thanks!!!

I just restarted using the add-on again. Really love it and very impressed how it has developed over the last months.

I am not using one of the modded skins as I just like Transparency! too much. What am I really missing besides that I need to make a lot of "manual work" to get it right (i.e., assigning favorite to main menu). What's the major features that the modded skins have, which the non-modded do not?

xnappo
  • Widgets 
  • Cast images and cross-referencing
  • Rotating background art for collections and individual items
  • Interface speed-up (coming soon - loading Cast and Overview at selection time instead of all at once when directory is pulled)
  • Show info on play (Confluence only right now)

Some of those are easy mods, some are fairly hard.

xnappo

• Like 1