Way to create unofficial movie collections or "box sets" in one of the meta-data databases out there?

Video Enthusiast

Video Enthusiast

Hi, So I am building a media library of workout videos. While many of them should really be entered as TV series (and behind the scenes I am making progress to let TVDB allow them), I was working a lot making entries at moviedb first. At moviedb for a long time they officially have supported this media type as long as one enters each workout video individually (as if it is standalone), but marked as a video. This works OK and you do get a nice poster for each video that people will photoshop to in a title to say what day it is (e.g. Leg day) - but it does mean that in Emby I have to set up a (movie) collection for each workouts series, and add each individual workout video into that collection (e.g. A Little Obsessed has 5 workouts).  But when you get to something like 80 Day Obsession which has 80 videos, even though someone has entered them all individually in MovieDB, it is proving to be a PITA to manually create a collection in Emby for each of these.

Since I'm planning on switching my Emby server from Windows (test box) to the Nvidia shield (in a few weeks, as my main Emby server)  - I'd like to just create a collection in one of these 3rd party metadata database sites, and have Emby pull it all from there nice and clean. I did install the "Box Set Plugin" in Emby and I notice that it automatically put all the Star Wars movies into a collection without having me having to do anything! This is cool - except - Moviedb does not allow people to create "collections"  in their database for anything but genuine movies themselves, and genuine sequels that are well known (e.g. Star wars 1-9). People who want to make a collection for things like all Marvel Universe movies have the same problem as I do. Moviedb says they are working on a solution for the Marvel Universe problem but it may take some time and even then it may only be allowed for genuine movies?

Sorry for the long introduction to explain the problem, but does do any of you have a similar problem and an easy solution? is there some sort of "box-set" like plugin that doesn't rely on moviedb, or maybe somebody else runs an "unofficial" collections database that The Box Set / Collections plugin can link into? 

Edited by Video Enthusiast
clarification