Guide is missing channels

BillOatman
Go to solution Solved by BillOatman,

BillOatman

Hi.  his picture is my setup.  I have channels sorted by channel number. You can see I have channels 2-4 defined.  But I do not see channels 2 and 3 in the guide.  What can I do to get them to show?
They all 3 share the sane guide info.  It has been several days since I added these channels and they are still not showing up.  I have looked in the web player, Android TV app, and firetv app. They show up and work in other applications.  Thanks.

problem.jpg

Edited by BillOatman
Added plaeyrs tested.

Hi,

You need to review your mapping.  Channels 2 through 4 are all mapped to channel 1 in that picture.

Edited by cayars

BillOatman

@cayars Thanks for all the information. It looks to me that the  mapping stuff in Emby is mapping channels to guide data. And my intent was to have those 3 BBC1 channels use the same guide data since they are the same channel just different streams.  Sorry if I am misunderstanding  something simple, but is that not possible in Emby?

EDIT: Yes that seems to be the case.  I changed the mapping to different guide entries and those channels now show up in my listing ... albeit with 2 channels now having the wrong guide data.  What do I have to do, somehow get the guide data duplicated 2 more times to work properly?

Edited by BillOatman

I don't believe there is an easy way to do this currently in Emby but in the new Live TV project this will be much easier to handle this type of thing and a whole lot more.

The way I personally handle this type of thing with IPTV is run it all through xTeVe and remove the duplicate channels.

• Solution
BillOatman

Thanks again @cayars.  But in this case I want the 3 different streams in case 1 or 2 of them are down at any given time.  I used IPTVBoss to get 3 different correct BBC1 guide entries and mapped 1 each.  Klunky and a very odd restriction for Emby to have, but it is working.  Thanks again!