Ribesg

HDR not working on brand new Galaxy Tab S7+

Ribesg

Hello! I just received my S7+ and immediately installed Emby on it.

I tried to play a 4K HDR movie to test and colors are washed out. The same movie in 1080p (non-HDR) have correct colors.

Is it a matter of adding this new device to some kind of list of supported devices (like Netflix does iirc) in the Emby app or in an underlying library, or is it a bigger issue?

Thanks

PS: playing the downloaded 4K HDR movie in VLC for Android shows the correct colors.

neik

If you're on the stable release you might wanna try the beta as there are some improvements for this. 😉

Ribesg
Posted (edited)

So I just tried the beta version and I felt like it was different, I was trying with Wonder Woman.

But I switched to a different movie I have in both 1080p SDR and 4K HDR: Coco, which has very vibrant colors.

The HDR version definitely looks very washed out compared to the SDR one... but even in VLC! Maybe my file is bad for this one? I'm not sure

Note that just by going to the HDR Channel on Youtube I can easily confirm that the S7+ does support HDR (and it does look stunning)

Edit: I think I just need to find a way to have a "HDR test video" on my Emby instance itself to see.

Edited by Ribesg

neik
2 hours ago, Ribesg said:

Note that just by going to the HDR Channel on Youtube I can easily confirm that the S7+ does support HDR (and it does look stunning)

Edit: I think I just need to find a way to have a "HDR test video" on my Emby instance itself to see.

You could download the video from Youtube and use that as sample. 😉

Luke

Let us know how that goes. Thanks.

vdatanet

Are you sure it doesn't transcode? Washed colors is a symptom of transcoding. Look the server dashboard while playing the video.

• Like 1