One Piece naming, Help!!!

EliteArmedForce

EliteArmedForce

I am done with naming One Piece Episodes. Previously i watched Naruto and Naruto Shippuden without any headache (Thanks to this forum post - Naruto file naming

I have downloaded total of 837 episodes. Initially, it was named 'One Piece - 001 to One Piece - 837'. After library scan, both "Absolute" and "Aired" order, i get this annoying problem.  This never happened with Naruto or Naruto Shippuden , episodes named S01E001.  I tried naming 'One Piece - S01EXXX, One Piece - S020EXXX' etc. Moreover, i tried 'One Piece - S01EXXX to One Piece S01E837'. 

Yet i face this annoying problem.

Device used: RPi4 & Jetson Tx2

The problem: Why their is a Specials???

image.thumb.png.c268aab894dd288d282c4ff445319149.png

Please help me,

Edited by EliteArmedForce
Added the device used

David Patt

Hello , today i rename my One piece folder. I just use Filebot and use tvdb naming. I have specials in their seasons. I have folder named One Piece and in there is folders Season 01 , Season 02 , etc...

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
On 8/20/2020 at 4:00 PM, EliteArmedForce said:

it was named 'One Piece - 001 to One Piece - 837'

What is the folder structure?  if no structure the Emby still segregates by season, if all in a season 1 folder Emby should present in one season if display order is set to Absolute.  What episode is showing as a Special?

• Thanks 1

EliteArmedForce
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

What is the folder structure?  if no structure the Emby still segregates by season, if all in a season 1 folder Emby should present in one season if display order is set to Absolute.  What episode is showing as a Special?

Thank you for responding, 

I know Emby uses some sort of TVDB api (i believe) for listing shows in correct order. I have used Emby for at least a year or more. For other anime shows, i followed this forum for naming convention and file structure

Initially when the file was downloaded, it was named One Piece - 001_blah_blah to One Piece - 837_blah_blah, which was renamed to One Piece - 001 till One Piece - 837 with the help of Bulk Renaming Utility. After the library scan (default- Aired order), i got something like this(image below_image1) and same goes for Absolute order(with the click refresh metadata)image.thumb.png.c268aab894dd288d282c4ff445319149.png

Other formats tried: (Display order: both Aired and Absolute were tired)

• One Piece/One Piece S01/One Piece - 001 to something ..... One Piece/One Piece SXX/something to One Piece - 837
  • One Piece/One Piece S01E001 till One Piece S01E837

Yet the same outcome.

I want the end outcome to be something like this: (image2_from TVDB)

Reason for such outcome: I believe the show were released with no seasons in mind. Additionally, such numbering (001 to e8xx) helps me to avoid fillers from Animefillerlist.

image.png.19546f31914a2920f97662143cab4525.png

Please guide me,

Added reason for such outcome

EliteArmedForce
17 hours ago, David Patt said:

Hello , today i rename my One piece folder. I just use Filebot and use tvdb naming. I have specials in their seasons. I have folder named One Piece and in there is folders Season 01 , Season 02 , etc...

Hey, same bro i use TVDB naming structure with the help of Bulk Renaming Utility software. I believe ur using Display order as Aired, whereas i am trying to achieve Absolute display order.  I have tried to name the files structure and change the option for the folder as Absolute then refresh metadata, yet fail to achieve what i desire:

File structure tried, One Piece/ One Piece - S01E001 .......... One Piece/ One Piece - S01E837 with Absoulte display order

I have used the same order for Naruto Shippuden no issues at all. Finished it successfully. The file order for this was Naruto Shippudden/S01E001 till S01E500 with Absolute Display Order.

Thank you for the reply,

Sorry for replying late,

Where to whereas (first line)

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, EliteArmedForce said:

I want the end outcome to be something like this: (image2_from TVDB)

What is image 2 from TVDB? If you mean Absolute order then "If not in Season 1 folder Display order: Absolute will get broke into Seasons as your image shows".

The best way to have this setup would be to follow theTVDB exactly for absolute naming so for onepiece the directory structure would go          One piece (1999) >> Season 1 >> One piece S01E01 - blah blah blah.mkv -  One piece S01E930 - blah blah blah.mkv

and it should display exactly like that within emby as it does with a competitor media player and it seems fairly easy to implement as theTVDB provides support for it.

• Thanks 1

EliteArmedForce

By image 2 i mean this: similar order

image.png.19546f31914a2920f97662143cab4525.png

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

What is image 2 from TVDB? If you mean Absolute order then "If not in Season 1 folder Display order: Absolute will get broke into Seasons as your image shows".

interesting, i will try ur second point.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

The best way to have this setup would be to follow theTVDB exactly for absolute naming so for onepiece the directory structure would go          One piece (1999) >> Season 1 >> One piece S01E01 - blah blah blah.mkv -  One piece S01E930 - blah blah blah.mkv

and it should display exactly like that within emby as it does with a competitor media player and it seems fairly easy to implement as theTVDB provides support for it.

I will definitely try out this. I don't know why this idea didn't hit me. 

Thank you man, really helpful

EliteArmedForce
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, are you all set now?

Hello,

I will try the solution provide by Happy2Play.

EliteArmedForce
2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Your suggestion worked out. Interesting, the Naruto Shippuden naming convention (Naruto Shippuden/Naruto Shippuden - S01E001 till blah blah - S01E500) i tried before didn't work this time. Honestly, didn't know that adding just Season 01 folder solves all the issue. Weird tho.

28 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Another topic similar issue.  Took awhile to find previous discussion.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/88894-problemas-series

Sorry, that you had to go back to old posts, looks very recent :). 

Thank you, helped me big time.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, EliteArmedForce said:

Sorry, that you had to go back to old posts, looks very recent :). 

I remember similar discussion, but it is usually always around anime and absolute order. 

As for Season 1 not exactly sure but that is how TVDB presents Absolute order "Season 1"

• Like 1

EliteArmedForce

As for Season 1 not exactly sure but that is how TVDB presents Absolute order "Season 1"

Ik, but this order actually helps in picking out fillers in anime series.

I remember similar discussion, but it is usually always around anime and absolute order. 

😅