TRAKT for multiple users

kaledi

kaledi

I've now set up multiple users on a server and I'd like all watched status to be synchronised across the users.

I see you can configure trakt for each user, but the question I have is whether I need a different PIN for each user, or input the same PIN to every user and then save?

kaledi

Sure - I want to align multiple users in EMBY to the same TRAKT account so that regardless of user, the watched status is synchronised across users.

@cayars I've picked this issue up on another thread

You should be able to to that in theory.  I've not tried it but don't see why this wouldn't work.

My only question is WHY?

If you're going to sync up multiple accounts why have them? Why not just use one account or maybe 2 if using parental filtering.

• Like 1

kaledi

Good question.

I've recently rebuilt my movies library after I was having issues with collections.  I took the opportunity to separate out different formats / resultions of the same media into separate folders.  By doing so along with the auto movies collection plugin I can now have media in different locations, but they appear as one entry.  By using different user profiles I can now set up a different profile for different device capabilities.  We have a 4K HDR TV and so a user profile is set up to direct that device to only the 4K media (if it is avaialble) and not the lower resolutioni version.  Whilst I have another user profile for 1080P TV that prevents exposing to 4K media.

Doing the above makes it so much more kids and wife friendly.  The alternative of having a drop down to select the media version works well technically, but is annoying that there is no telling which version is put at the top of the list and selected by default by the EMBY client.

If we could restrict parts of the library to different devices it would have the same outcome, but I don't this is possible.

Hope the above makes sense.

So if I can indeed have multiple users to connect to a single TRAKT account, what is the exact procedure?

• Like 1

kaledi

So I've set up Trakt for each user, obtaining a separate PIN each time and saving and running the scheduled task.  Prior to doing this I uninstalled TRAKT plugin and removed the configuration file to reset everything.  It seems that each user is now connecting to TRAKT, however, it doeesn't seem to be working as intended.

Movies seem to be synching correctly, but TV shows are not.  I've attached the log file here

embyserver.txt

Hi kaledi,

Your log file has many entries in it like this:

Error Trakt: TraktResponse not Found:{}

So it appears it's trying to sync but the series/episode isn't listed.

kaledi

Do you mean series/episode not listed on Emby server side, or TRAKT side?

My TRAKT account does appear to have the episodes listed

I'm assuming Emby is trying to do some updates to Trakt but they aren't being found.

kaledi

OK - trakt dashboard isn't loading at the moment so I will check if there is any pattern on there that may explain things

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry, yes that is what I meant. 

Several weeks in, all seems to be working now. I've found that you have to retrieve a pin for each user and then set the scheduled tasks to run frequently and not only set up the two way sync task but also the 'pull watched status from trakt' 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, bakes82 said:

@kaledi what is the auto movies collection plugin?  I also have movies split folders like 720/1080:4K/4K remux and would like just one library.

I would try the AutoBoxSets plugin that we have in our plugin catalog.

bakes82
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

I would try the AutoBoxSets plugin that we have in our plugin catalog.

@Luke I just ran it, it made a bunch of shit collections I dont want :P  I dont want it to make collections based off what tmdb says.  I just want this to work like plex does, if you have 4 libraries in diff folders they get merged together.  Pretty sure its been a feature request people have wanted for many years, you guys might be more active on the forums but its no diff than plex, easy quality of life features sit idle for years and useless other thing get added that very few people want.

1 hour ago, bakes82 said:

@Luke I just ran it, it made a bunch of shit collections I dont want :P  I dont want it to make collections based off what tmdb says.  I just want this to work like plex does, if you have 4 libraries in diff folders they get merged together.  Pretty sure its been a feature request people have wanted for many years, you guys might be more active on the forums but its no diff than plex, easy quality of life features sit idle for years and useless other thing get added that very few people want.

Maybe you don't understand what the AutoBoxSet plugin does.  It creates collections automatically based on what is considered "Box Sets".  Example: Back to the Future has 3 movies that form a Box set.

I think you have a different requirement or are looking to do something else.  Are you trying to do something like the following:

Are you trying to combine a 4K library with a normal movie library so users can use the the normal movie library, see "Terminator" and can select the 1080 or 4K version?  Yet you want to be able to control who has access to the 4K media?  

If not can you explain what you want to do?

bakes82

Yes Im aware of what the plugin is suppose to do lol.  Its why I didnt use it to begin with and why I asked what plugin is "auto movies collection plugin" from the other person who has a setup like me.   Luke said to try the autoboxsex I read it and it said it makes collections based on the collectionid in themoviedb but if luke said try it I did.  Plex doesnt follow the emby format and Im not going to redo my entire library so it works with emby thats just stupid.

Most people with large librarys and automation have their stuff broken out in to like 1080/4k/4kremux and use multiple instances of Radar/Sonarr so the emby naming conventions dont alight with it since they dont allow for multi version of the files.

Plex I can just make 1 library  "Movies"  add C:\Movies\1080p, C:\Movies\4k, C:\Movies\4kRemux  and then it will display a choice to the user what one they want to play.   (Based on what I read this isnt possible)

No IDC what the user plays.  I just want one Library called Movies, if they choose Terminator like you say and I have 5 options they can see 720 - 3bitrate, 1080p - 20bitrate, 4k - 30bitrate, 4kremux 60bitrate, Dobly Vision - 65bitrate.  (Now I know I assume all the 4k options will be the same since ya know, plex only shows the bitrates of the movies which is a bummer but it works)

kaledi
21 hours ago, bakes82 said:

@kaledi what is the auto movies collection plugin?  I also have movies split folders like 720/1080:4K/4K remux and would like just one library.

Apologies for the slow reply. I think you need auto movie version collection plugin.  It isn't in the inbuilt library but is available here on the forum. It has proven to be very effective for me. I've also created multiple users that have access to only the relevant folders so for example my 4k tv can access 4k media and my 1080p TV can access only 1080p versions.