Live TV stopped working

brian stieb
Go to solution Solved by brian stieb,

brian stieb

i have been on version .24 for a few days now. Today when opening Emby live TV I get the "unable to tune to channel at this time" toast, bringing up the guide screen, which is frozen. After 20 seconds, it reloads, again failing to load the channel. Trying to view live TV from PC works.

I clicked the send logs button from the home screen. user is Ryan. I can't immediately find the page explaining how to properly submit the logs from a Shield TV - please let me know if you need more details. Thanks

Hi.  Thanks for the report.  Can you please post the server log from when that happened?  Something is going wrong there.

08-18 14:15:59.665  8586  8611 E Volley  : [371] BasicNetwork.performRequest: Unexpected response code 500 for http://192.168.1.219:8096/emby/Items/339799/PlaybackInfo?format=json

Thanks.

• Like 1

brian stieb

thanks for the response. Can you point me to the link for those directions please? I'm still not able to it.

brian stieb

thanks - apologies for the  delay. I've added my embyserver.txt. Let me know if you need anything else. I've removed the actual .ts file name as it included credentials.

embyserver.txt

Your live stream provider sent back a 401 forbidden response. Can you find out why they did that?

brian stieb

what link did you use? I obscured it in the txt file because it includes credentials. Note, the issue does not impact other devices. Only Nvidia Shield TV (I have two of them in my house).

39 minutes ago, brian stieb said:

what link did you use? I obscured it in the txt file because it includes credentials. Note, the issue does not impact other devices. Only Nvidia Shield TV (I have two of them in my house).

None. I didn't test the link myself, i just saw the error in your server log.

• Solution
brian stieb

many apologies. it appears i let my IPTV service lapse, and I was only testing local OTA on other devices. Will sign up for lifetime soon - thanks so much for the support!

• Like 1