Fire stick unlock

anders02

anders02

When I brought this up the post was just closed without a resolution. It was just closed. I paid the 5 dollars for this app and now it is asking me to pay again. This is wrong. The app on my Fire Stick is now useless without any explanation. It is not the 5 dollars. I could pay again. But then what is to stop them from asking again and again. 

Hi.  Have you tried using the "Restore Unlock" option on the purchase screen?

When was your topic closed without resolution?   I see now - it wasn't closed without resolution.  You were directed to an existing topic on the same issue.

Thanks.

anders02

Yes I have many times. It just takes me back to the home screen. I can play the movies from my computer and when I connect my phone to my wifi I can play the files thru my phone. It is just the Fire Tv app that has just stop the play back function that was working. 

anders02

Yes I have many times. It just takes me back to the home screen. I can play the movies from my computer and when I connect my phone to my wifi I can play the files thru my phone. It is just the Fire Tv app that has just stop the play back function that was working. 

When did you pay for the unlock for the Fire TV?  Do you have a record of it in your Amazon account?  Is the device logged on to that same Amazon account?

22 minutes ago, anders02 said:

I checked. Amazon says I paid in February of 2019. The account has never changed.  

What was the price and full description of that item?

anders02

You are jerking me around. I checked the other thread and they got no answer for this either. You have a problem. Are you going to fix it or not? 

1 minute ago, anders02 said:

You are jerking me around. I checked the other thread and they got no answer for this either. You have a problem. Are you going to fix it or not? 

Hi.  We are just trying to get to the root of the actual issue.  Can you provide the information requested?

anders02

Never mind. I have already got another server up and running fine. It works with all my files. Your server never let me access my files unless I was on my home network. This one does. And now you just steal my money and cut me off. Well fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Not gonna happen. 

We're sorry you feel that way.  I think if you look at our record we go out of our way to try to make customers happy and we would be happy to continue to investigate this issue with you in the future.

Thanks.

anders02

I am looking at your record. You didn't fix this when 50 people complained about in the other forum or else you would have a fix for it now. You are just asking me to do the same thing you asked them to do in the other forum and expecting a different result. Bad Robot. 

I am looking at your record. You didn't fix this when 50 people complained about in the other forum or else you would have a fix for it now. You are just asking me to do the same thing you asked them to do in the other forum and expecting a different result. Bad Robot. 

Hi.  We actually have resolved this for the people who we worked with.  If you can provide the information I requested, we can continue to investigate.

Thanks.

51WJTxymC6L._SY90_.png
Order detailsOrdered on February 2, 2019 (1 item)
Emby
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

Okay.  That is actually just a download of the app.  Amazon calls all downloads "Purchases".  If you go to the details - the price is free or (0.00) correct?

The unlock is a separate purchase from within the app and will show as "Unlock Emby for Fire TV".  Do you have a subsequent item like that?

It should be listed in your Amazon account as well.

If it is, then I believe you can re-purchase it from the app and Amazon won't charge you again.  We had one other person where that was the case. 

Let us know what you find.

Thanks.

anders02

I am not re purchasing anything. You got me for 5 bucks. Ok then. I will get over it. As I said I already have another server up and running and it is working great. It cost me a couple of hours of my time. No big deal. Your Fire Tv app has never worked right and it is just getting worse. It is constantly asking me to go premium which I would have done a long time ago it the app worked right. Bad Robot. 

anders02

I took the night to think about this and now I am really mad. This is not about the 5 dollars. I don't care about the money. I tipped my bartender last week 10 dollars on a 15 dollar tab. So I don't care about the money. Money I got.  What I do care about is being called a lair and a cheat. I payed for your app. I am ex military. I know about Honor, Duty and Sacrifice. I don't lie I don't cheat I don't Steal. I will not loose my Honor over 5 dollars. To lie or cheat or steal is the act of a coward. So basically you are calling me a coward too. You ask me to prove that I paid for the app. The proof is in the fact that I have been using it for over a year and a half. YOU prove that I did not pay for it. If you said any of these things to my face we would be having a totally different interaction and it would not be pleasant. But I can't do anything about that. This is the world we live in. People treating people badly because they don't have to face them. What I can do is contact Amazon. I have been a Prime member for years and I have spent a lot of money with them. I don't think they are going to like the fact that you are using their platform to treat their customers this way. Maybe they won't care. Who knows. But I am going to submit a formal complaint with them on this. Again it is not about the 5 dollars. It is about being called a liar and a cheat.   

Hi.  No one has called you a liar and that is certainly not our intention.  We are just trying to get to the bottom of what is going on.

You should be able to find the purchase of the unlock in  your Amazon records and, if it is there, re-purchasing it should not cost any money.  We did have one user that had this situation.

anders02

Asking me to find the purchase of the unlock in my Amazon records is calling me a lair and saying that I am cheating. I will be contact Amazon but it won't be to prove to you that I am not a liar. 

3 hours ago, anders02 said:

I will be contact Amazon but it won't be to prove to you that I am not a liar. 

What's the point of that when you have multiple people trying to help you? With the order number they can look at the transaction to see if it's an Amazon issue that can be corrected.  

anders02

The point is it is not about the money. I have been using this app for over a year and a half. Now you are trying to charge me for it again. That is wrong. It is not about the money. It is right and wrong. If you were doing something right I would pay again. I would pay 50 dollars if it was right. I don't care about the money. I have money. But even when I didn't have money it was never that important to me. It is the fact that what you are doing is wrong. I was using this app one day and then after you made changes I am not able to use it anymore. That is wrong. That is the point. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that. It is no longer about resolving this. You have made me out to be a liar. That makes me mad as hell. 

No one is asking you to be charged again.  That's the point, we're trying to help you avoid that.