Trailers not working properly anymore

Martum

ferreto1978

When I want to start the trailer for a selected movie, it doesn't start in some applications, but does in others:

• nVidia SHIELD: loads backdrop and shows endless spinner
  • smartphone app: works (android)
  • Browser app: works (Chrome in Windows)
  • Emby Theater (Windows app): Black screen and freezes (have to close the app and restart)

However, on al these devices, when I start the movie itself, it does show a random trailer, followed by the custom intro video, followed by the custom codec video, followed by the movie itself. 

I'm not sure what is wrong (everything is updated to the latest version, including the YouTube apps), but I've been browsing through multiple forums looking for a solution, and all I can find is that I'm not the only one with this problem, no nobody seems to have fond a working solution. Having paid for Emby Premiere, this is a serious disappointment, and I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Edited by ferreto1978
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ferreto1978 said:

When I want to start the trailer for a selected movie, it doesn't start in some applications, but does in others:

• nVidia SHIELD: loads backdrop and shows endless spinner
  • smartphone app: works (android)
  • Browser app: works (Chrome in Windows)
  • Emby Theater (Windows app): Black screen and freezes (have to close the app and restart)

However, on al these devices, when I start the movie itself, it does show a random trailer, followed by the custom intro video, followed by the custom codec video, followed by the movie itself. 

I'm not sure what is wrong (everything is updated to the latest version, including the YouTube apps), but I've been browsing through multiple forums looking for a solution, and all I can find is that I'm not the only one with this problem, no nobody seems to have fond a working solution. Having paid for Emby Premiere, this is a serious disappointment, and I hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Hi, we are actively looking into it. Apologies for the disruption.

This should be corrected in the beta of the app that is going up now (2.0.33).  We will get a release out as soon as we can confirm no major issues.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

MangoMC
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

This should be corrected in the beta of the app that is going up now (2.0.33).  We will get a release out as soon as we can confirm no major issues.

Thanks.

Trailers are working again here. Shield pro 2017

• Like 1

xlerate

How can I get the beta version of Emby for Shield? 

(or is a final release close enough it can wait?) 

Does it matter if my Emby is running on Qnap? 

FrostByte

The latest beta apk can always be found in this link

It does not matter what server is running on, this is for your Shield client

• Like 3

xlerate

Do I install the APK over my existing one and it will maintain all settings?

(any idea if the final release is close enough to wait?)

CBers
1 minute ago, xlerate said:

Yes. 

• Like 1

vdatanet

Yes, it's safe.

(any idea if the final release is close enough to wait?)

I don't know, but you won't have any problems upgrading the beta to the generally available version.

4 hours ago, petera209 said:

I can confirm that the problem exists with Fire TV as well. 

Apologies for the disruption. We are working to get this resolved as quickly as we can.

9 hours ago, Luke said:

Apologies for the disruption. We are working to get this resolved as quickly as we can.

Hi.  It is already resolved in the beta. 

princeshawn420
On 7/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, FrostByte said:

YT trailers still work in Emby for Android and the web client. 

I think it's just ATV that isn't working.  In ATV I get a picture and the spinning circle of death.

thats what i get even if i install that app on my phone it does not work but the normal emby phone app does.. i was trying to side load it to android tv but couldnt make it work 

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, princeshawn420 said:

thats what i get even if i install that app on my phone it does not work but the normal emby phone app does.. i was trying to side load it to android tv but couldnt make it work 

Just sideload beta apk from the link above. 

• Like 1

We are working to get the fix released to the store as quickly as we can. Thanks.

• Like 1

FrostByte
1 hour ago, princeshawn420 said:

If you want help sideloading the beta let us know.  Otherwise you may have to wait for it to hit the store like Luke mentioned.

• Like 1

ferreto1978

Updated my Synology from DSM 6 to DSM7 and had to update Emby with it.
Suddenly the trailers work on my nVidia Shield (but still not on the Windows App).

xlerate

I am not seeing the update on the Google Play store on my Shield, is this a manual install?

(I restarted the shield, stopped Google Play services, cleared cache.)

12 hours ago, xlerate said:

I am not seeing the update on the Google Play store on my Shield, is this a manual install?

(I restarted the shield, stopped Google Play services, cleared cache.)

No it is not manual.  What version of the app do you currently have on the device and how was it installed?

xlerate
13 hours ago, ebr said:

No it is not manual.  What version of the app do you currently have on the device and how was it installed?

Emby version 2.0.09g

I believe it was installed from the Play store on Shield? I don't recall manually installing any apk in my shield. 

Hi, can you go to the store to look for updates to apps.

You should have an update available.