Cant log into server

OnyxUK
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

OnyxUK

sorry if this has already been posted but i cant seem to find anything related to this. 

about a week ago my emby server keeps logging me out of the main server, when trying to re-log in with my username and password it doesn't recognise them at all i have tried my emby connect and as well but still nothing. the only way for me to log back in is to hard reset my password through the server with a 4 dig pin created, but even once this is done it still wont remember the new pass word that has then been created. this happens every time my pc either loses internet or i restart my pc. getting to the point i have no clue what to do and starting to get really annoying. any advise ?

server logs from now and the past 

embyserver.txt embyserver-63733005934.txt embyserver-63733280829.txt hardware_detection-63733005951.txt hardware_detection-63733280839.txt

Hi,

You mentioned "main server" so I'd like to ask if you have more than one server setup?  If so do they have separate names?

What client are you trying to login using that you have this problem with?

Are you able to login to administer the server?

• Like 1

OnyxUK

hey cayars, 

no i only have 1 main server witch is located on my pc. everytime my pc either restarts, or loses internet it will sign me out of the admin server and because of this all other clients cannot be connected as  the server in then down.

i click on my emby server to be relaunched and normally this will restart fine with  me not having to sign in as this will automatically be done. how ever this is now not the case when relaunching the server it asks for my login details. and wont recognise them at all even after them being reset. the whole process is now taking so long and very tedious.

CBers

Sounds like you need to enable the "Run server at startup" option in Settings. 

Does your PC auto login when it boots? 

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Thank you for the extended description of what's happening.  Helps a lot.

Your log shows a couple of attempts:

2020-08-17 17:07:18.370 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate
2020-08-17 17:07:18.548 Warn HttpServer: AUTH-ERROR: ::1 - Invalid username or password entered.

That is trying to login using Emby Connect.

What happens when you use the username and password that is specific to your server that you used when you setup the server. IE the local admin account?

Edited by cayars
  • Like 1

OnyxUK
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

Thank you for the extended description of what's happening.  Helps a lot.

Your log shows a couple of attempts:

2020-08-17 17:07:18.370 Info HttpClient: POST https://connect.emby.media/service/user/authenticate
2020-08-17 17:07:18.548 Warn HttpServer: AUTH-ERROR: ::1 - Invalid username or password entered.

That is trying to login using Emby Connect.

What happens when you use the username and password that is specific to your server that you used when you setup the server. IE the local admin account?

no problem, 

and yer i have tried both emby connect and local admin no luck on either of them. like i say the only way i can get access now is to reset the password, enter the 4 pin code that gets generated, it them stated to login with no password i try that nut again still no luck however by this point it has the setting icon on the right side when i press that it then gives me access to the server. really confusing i know... i then go to change my password i do all this and still same thing happens everytime my pc restarts or loses internet i have to repeat this whole step all over again 

11 minutes ago, CBers said:

Sounds like you need to enable the "Run server at startup" option in Settings. 

Does your PC auto login when it boots? 

and this option has already been put into place right from the start. 

its runs on start up but does not log me in.

• Solution

Fixed with a quick remote session.  Had a space at the end of the username which was tripping things up a bit making it hard to understand what was going on.

Also set him up with a spare admin account just in case for the future. 

• Thanks 1

OnyxUK

hey luke, 

yeah i didnt even realise i had put it in there, thank you so much cayars for everything, hopefully other wont make the same mistake i did pmsl