TV shows not loading on web GUI

kilo95

I have loaded a lot of my movies onto my media server (running FreeNAS). It works fine, I can pull up movies on the web GUI or using my Roku. I recently ripped several season of Little House on the Prairie and organized them as /TV Shows/LHOP/Season 1/LHOP S01E01.m4v. I added the library in the control panel as /media/TV Shows/ (my movie library is /media/) and selected TV Shows as the type. When I use the webGUI, I see the movie folder and the TV Shows folder but the TV Shows folder is empty when "shows" is highlighted at the top. If I click on "folder" in the webGUI everything shows up. How do I get them to show up under the "shows" tab which is the default?

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Happy2Play

That would suggest Emby does not know it is a series. When you open your TV Shows folder via folders what do you see. 

Happy2Play

Sorry but you can not add parent and subfolder paths to any library.  So /media cancels /media/TV Shows.  Please adjust your library paths.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

That would suggest Emby does not know it is a series. When you open your TV Shows folder via folders what do you see. 

a tab called TV Shows with the episodes in it (in the second photo in my original post)

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry but you can not add parent and subfolder paths to any library.  So /media cancels /media/TV Shows.  Please adjust your library paths.

I tried it with just /media/TV Shows. I'll delete "/media/" and leave "/media/TV Shows/" I do feel like it's not recognizing it as a TV show. How do I fix that? I specified the type when I set it up as TV Show

Hi, once you've deleted the library pointing to just /media, you may find this resolves it. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

I deleted that. It still hasnt resolved the issue. I've attached screenshots of the Shows tab, the Folders tab, and my TV Shows library "edit" screen. Also attached a screen shot so you can see my file name format. The jail on freenas this is all under is "media". everything else is under that. thanks for your patience with me

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (7).png

Happy2Play

I am guessing since is appears as a folder instead of a series there is a identification issue.  But the folder structure appears to be good.

May need a server log to see if it connecting to any providers also.

MRobi

Stupid question, after deleting the /media directory, did you try a library update? You can try clicking on the 3 dots when you hover over LHOP and click Scan Library Files. May not fix your problem but I figure it won't hurt to try. I

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, MRobi said:

Stupid question, after deleting the /media directory, did you try a library update? You can try clicking on the 3 dots when you hover over LHOP and click Scan Library Files. May not fix your problem but I figure it won't hurt to try. I

Removing folders from a library will automatically do a library scan.

Another question would be showing the content of the LHOP folder since it is not being recognized as a Series.

MRobi
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Another question would be showing the content of the LHOP folder since it is not being recognized as a Series.

He's got a screenshot of that and it looks to me like it fits the folder structure.

Looks to be

/media/TV Shows/Little House On The Prairie/Season1/Little House On The Prairie S01E01.m4v there's also some that are S1E2.m4v but those should also be OK

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, MRobi said:

He's got a screenshot of that and it looks to me like it fits the folder structure.

Looks to be

/media/TV Shows/Little House On The Prairie/Season1/Little House On The Prairie S01E01.m4v there's also some that are S1E2.m4v but those should also be OK

Yes but there could be something within "/media/TV Shows/Little House On The Prairie" that is breaking the Series detection system.  With the info currently provided everything does look correct though.

But I have not been able to replicate a issue with the structure so far.

Edited by Happy2Play

So I did get it to work and recognize the series. I had two libraries. #1 movies (/media/) and #2 (/media/TV Shows/). I changed the paths to /media/movies and /media/TV Shows and it works. Evidently having the movies library in the parent directory was ok with one library but confused it when I added the second library. All works well now and it recognizes the series now. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

MRobi
33 minutes ago, kilo95 said:

So I did get it to work and recognize the series. I had two libraries. #1 movies (/media/) and #2 (/media/TV Shows/). 

And there's the missing puzzle piece! :D

Glad you got it working! No fill up that TV library, 1 show just won't cut it.