MovieDbImageProvider Issue

DarkKniyt (John)
Go to solution Solved by DarkKniyt (John),

DarkKniyt (John)

Started having issues with getting TMDB data.
Specifically, Actor Images.
I'm attaching my log file which shows time-out errors.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

embyserver.txt

Hi, a time out error means either moviedb was down at the time or you had some kind of connection problem. I would give it a try again later.

Happy2Play

Sorry the attached log is empty.  Could you attach another server log.

DarkKniyt (John)

Luke,

Have tried numerous times over a number of days with no luck.

Happy

Trying the Log again. 
Also, here's the part of the log with the error;

2020-08-16 17:42:52.976 Error App: Error in TheMovieDb
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.4.3.0
    Command line: C:\Users\JNDSERVER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Runtime: file:///C:/Users/JNDSERVER/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    System.Environment.Version: 3.1.4
    Processor count: 12
    Program data path: C:\Users\JNDSERVER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\JNDSERVER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://api.themoviedb.org/3/movie/11026?api_key=f6bd687ffa63cd282b6ff2c6877f2669&append_to_response=casts,releases,images,keywords,trailers&language=en&include_image_language=en,null due to a previous timeout.
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.GetMovieDbResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.FetchMainResult(String id, Boolean isTmdbId, String language, String country, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.MovieDbProvider.DownloadMovieInfo(String id, String preferredMetadataLanguage, String preferredMetadataCountry, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.FetchMovieData(String tmdbId, String imdbId, String language, String preferredCountryCode, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MovieDb.GenericMovieDbInfo`1.GetMetadata(ItemLookupInfo itemId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

embyserver.txt

The server is unable to make any outgoing communications, and it's not only to MovieDb but all other domains as well such as OpenSubtitles.

This means you have something blocking the server from doing this. The most common causes are usually firewall, security software or VPN. Can you look into that?

DarkKniyt (John)

Luke,

No go on this.
I checked my firewall and all looks correct so I shut it down, restarted Emby and tried again.
Getting the same error.
I went ahead and attached  the new log file.

embyserver.txt

The log still shows the same thing. Something is blocking the server from sending outgoing requests. You could also try turning off ipv6 in your router. Occasionally that causes an issue.

• Thanks 1

OK that looks good.  That was the same link from the log earlier where the connect was timed out.

Are you absolutely positive there is no vpn or proxy on your network?

DarkKniyt (John)

Well...
This is weird.
After rechecking everything and IPV6, still wouldn't work.
Just for kicks I rebooted my router and waalaa - it's working now.
I appreciate the help everyone and the quick responses!

John.

Hehe, so a good kick in the router fixed it up. :)

Glad you got it working!

• Solution
DarkKniyt (John)

Well - I was wrong!
I was able to refresh one movie and thought I had all the images and data but turns out I was wrong.
BUT - I went into my Ethernet settings and IPV6 was checked. Unchecked it.
Now everything is downloading correctly?
Luke - any explanation for this?

DarkKniyt (John)

No problem Luke.
At least it's working now.
I would never had thought about IPv6!