"Upcoming TV" Plugin?

alienseeker

alienseeker

The "Upcoming TV" plugin only shows 4 to 5 TV shows at a time. However, I have many current running TV shows within MB3. So why is the plugin only showing a very few of them?

BATTLE DONKEY

I don't have the plugin so I don't know for sure, but I think it uses info from tvdb.com, so the info has to be on the website first before the plugin can show the info

• Like 1

alienseeker

Prior to MB3 I was using the plugin "Upcoming TV" in MB2 and it work much better. It showed most, if not all, my TV shows (that is, shows that were currently in production). I recently purchased the new plugin for MB3 and it now only wants to show just a few of the many TV shows I have within MB3 for upcoming dates to be shown.  

Koleckai Silvestri

I didn't know there was a plugin. I get this in the native server application. It pulls information from TheTVDB.com. If the information isn't there or your show is marked as being in a country where it isn't currently airing, then you won't see it.

Edited by Wayne Luke

The interface in MBC is a plug-in but the data is coming from the server - so it is limited by whatever that is.

Do you see the same information in the MBC plug-in as you do in the web app?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Glyde62

Prior to MB3 I was using the plugin "Upcoming TV" in MB2 and it work much better. It showed most, if not all, my TV shows (that is, shows that were currently in production). I recently purchased the new plugin for MB3 and it now only wants to show just a few of the many TV shows I have within MB3 for upcoming dates to be shown.  

Same problem here, Only 4 shows showing

Cheesegeezer

The "Upcoming TV" plugin only shows 4 to 5 TV shows at a time. However, I have many current running TV shows within MB3. So why is the plugin only showing a very few of them?

@@Glyde62

You can go to the Web Client and see what that is showing for Upcoming TV.  The web client is pretty much the master for all clients that tap into the Server for information.  Compare all shows against Upcoming TV plugin and if you have the same then there is no problem.  

Whatever this limitation is appears to be on the server end.  @@Luke, is the upcoming api limiting its results somehow?

Cheesegeezer

Whatever this limitation is appears to be on the server end.  @@Luke, is the upcoming api limiting its results somehow?

No it isn't, My upcoming in Xenon is showing at least 8 maybe more....

I have 3 episodes of Suits, the first one of S03 Arrow, about 5 Sons of Anarchy, a couple of homelands, a family guy and something else i can't think of.

That doesn't mean it isn't limiting it.  It just means the parameters by which it limits it may have different values for you.  Or it may mean it is only getting certain shows.  

I only see five or six of my shows in both places as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
alienseeker

This plugin is still not working correctly for me. As I said above, I had this plugin in MB2 and it worked fine, but not in MB3.

It will displayed shows that played yesterday, but none of those same shows are showing as upcoming.

The screen shot below shows it displaying shows that played yesterday, but I need to know what is upcoming for which this plugin was intended for. As it is now the plugin is completely worthless. It only shows about 2 or 3 upcoming shows (always the same shows, like "Orange is the New Black" etc.), which is a very small part of the current shows I have and which are in current production. 

I hope the developer corrects this, because we who have paid for this plugin deserve better.

post-3937-0-14705600-1407821276_thumb.jpg

Edited by alienseeker

compare it against the upcoming view in the web client. we took feedback from your peers when we decided to show one day back to include yesterday's programs. people wanted to be able to see what they might have missed.

alienseeker

compare it against the upcoming view in the web client. we took feedback from your peers when we decided to show one day back to include yesterday's programs. people wanted to be able to see what they might have missed.

The web client shows the same listing.

well it's possible the mb2 plugin used a different source. i really don't know. what i can tell you is that we're using the tvdb, so the info has to be there or you're not going to see it. so if you think something is missing, then show a specific example along with a link to the tvdb entry. we want to help but you need to present some concrete information. Please see:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

swhitmore

I compared my upcoming list to SickBeard, which also uses TVDB. I'm showing the same shows on the same dates (17 different shows for the week). I've removed Wilfred, but I'm not sure what's happening to Crossing Lines.

53e9acb91c2bd_Capture.jpg

53e9ace48a17c_Capture2.jpg

Edited by swhitmore

Glyde62

In the web client it always seems to be a day in front of itself, Showing shows that are on tomorrow eg The 18th as being on today The 17th

Is there anyway to fix this?

And MBC is showing the same shows that the web client says are on today as being on yesterday!!!!

Depending on where in the world you are and where in the world the show is based, you could see a day of variation here.