Better and faster way to change library locations

slyfox

slyfox

I am in a process of moving my libraries from NAS to Mac mini. I have about 25 libraries and it is a pain in the *** to update the location of each library. Can you please add a simple way to bulk edit libraries to update locations?

Edited by slyfox

slyfox

Settings - Library - Advanced - Edit Libraries Location

Plain Text Entires - Each library on its own line.

Copy and paste to TextEdit - Find and Replace entires

Paste back into Emby.

Click save and rescan.

Happy2Play

And that would update every item in the database some how?

You can technically do this all manually off line by updating library paths in /root/default and updating the database manually

slyfox
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

And that would update every item in the database some how?

You can technically do this all manually off line by updating library paths in /root/default and updating the database manually

No, in the scenario that I proposed, clicking save would trigger library update. 

Can you please provide more details on "/root/default" where would this be found on a Mac?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Can you please provide more details on "/root/default" where would this be found on a Mac?

It is in the Emby programdata folder.  You should see the general path via the Dashboard Paths box or in the to section of a log.

But updating the the  <PathInfos> in the libraries option.xml still requires manual update in the database or all items will be purged do to database containing a item with a old path that does not exist any more. 

Discussion here, not a simple task