Emby unlocked app no longer works

BrianK04

45 minutes ago, ebr said:

If you go into the settings page for the app what does it say in the lower right corner?

I am having the same problem as BrianK04.

The lower right says Version 1.8.24aexpired.

I have previously purchased the app on the Amazon store for the FireTV account.

Other info:

Restarting or reinstalling the app does not help. Restore Unlock button appears to do nothing. Clicking Unlock will restart the app and not resolve the issue.

1 minute ago, hmitch said:

Clicking Unlock will restart the app

That is the button to execute the actual purchase?  You never see a dialog from Amazon?

What is the device and the version of FireOS?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, ebr said:

That is the button to execute the actual purchase?  You never see a dialog from Amazon?

What is the device and the version of FireOS?

Thanks.

Correct.

FireTV 4K Stick (tested on two of them) same OS version for both: 6.2.7.1

242Movies

Mine worked on Amazon FireTV for about 6 months without having to pay.

Not sure if it was because I paid for premium for a month when I started using it.

I paid the $5 to unlock and now it's working again.

I'd rather stick with emby than move back to Plex and I can't complain about the price.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hmitch said:

Correct.

FireTV 4K Stick (tested on two of them) same OS version for both: 6.2.7.1

Would you be willing to try the beta to see if it works?  What country are you in?

2 minutes ago, 242Movies said:

I paid the $5 to unlock and now it's working again.

What device and version of FireOS?

Just now, ebr said:

Would you be willing to try the beta to see if it works?  What country are you in?

United States. I am willing to try the beta.

I rolled back to the previous version via APK and it works for reference.

Interesting.  Almost identical FireOS versions and one purchase works and the other doesn't...

Dariusz
1 hour ago, ebr said:

If you go into the settings page for the app what does it say in the lower right corner?

mine says 1.8.24a (Expired)..

I can try the beta as well, I'm in canada,  since you were asking in another message to someone else.. everything worked fine for me before and clicking on restore does nothing now so maybe beta might help.. also my server is 4.4.3.0 if that's any relevance. and i'm on firestick 4k running fireOS 6.2.7.1

Edited by Dariusz

1 minute ago, Dariusz said:

mine says 1.8.24a (Expired)..

I can try the beta as well, I'm in canada,  since you were asking in another message to someone else.. everything worked fine for me before and clicking on restore does nothing now so maybe beta might help.. also my server is 4.4.3.0 if that's any relevance.

And you are positive that you purchased the unlock previously?  Not just that the app worked?

KalEl770
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Each app has its own unlock in its respective store.  Are you sure you unlocked the Fire TV app too?

This is why we offer Premiere - it unlocks everything.

I have also unlocked the app in both Amazon and Google Play stores, however, I can not playback any videos. Restoring the unlock does not work, uninstalling the app and re-installing it doesn't either. I guess my question is whether this is a glitch or do I need to purchase the unlock again? Does the unlock work in perpetuity or does it expire after a certain period of time? I believe that I unlocked it at least a year ago, maybe more but I can't be sure.The unlock feature worked best for me because I didn't feel that I needed all that Premiere offers. I only really want to watch my content in my home. I would just like to know if I have to pay to unlock the apps again or is there a remedy in the works. Thank you 

Dariusz
Just now, ebr said:

And you are positive that you purchased the unlock previously?  Not just that the app worked?

I'm not hundred percent, but up there.. i remember getting this screen back in the day and i'm pretty positive i made the purchase because i needed to get this going on my firestick.. but i just can't recall for certain all the details.. 

1 minute ago, KalEl770 said:

do I need to purchase the unlock again?

No, the unlock does not expire.  However, it is possible for the app to not be aware of it (like if you clear data or re-install) and that is what the restore button is for.

If you press the button to unlock the app, what happens?

KalEl770
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

I know for certain that I purchased the apps for both my Fire Stick 4k and nVidia Shield in their respective stores. I would also be interested in the beta if it will help.

KalEl770
1 minute ago, ebr said:

No, the unlock does not expire.  However, it is possible for the app to not be aware of it (like if you clear data or re-install) and that is what the restore button is for.

If you press the button to unlock the app, what happens?

Nothing happens, really. I click the button and the screen goes back to the video I'm trying to watch. I press play and I get the same error that I need to get premiere, buy the app unlock or restore the unlock.

KalEl770

Also, this happened on two different devices on the same day. I know for certain that I did not clear any data. I did uninstall on my shield but I didn't do anything on the fire stick

50 minutes ago, ebr said:

What device and version of FireOS?

New testing info from the beta:

1.8.24a 1.8.26a is showing the same behavior.

Restore Unlock button does nothing and returns to the show page. Playback still unavailable.

Unlock button appears to freeze up the app and it eventually restarts. No Amazon dialog appears.

Edited by hmitch

Just now, hmitch said:

1.8.24a is showing the same behavior.

That is not the beta.  Be sure you force close any current instance of Emby on the device and then start up the beta version.  Should be 1.8.26.

242Movies
40 minutes ago, ebr said:

Interesting.  Almost identical FireOS versions and one purchase works and the other doesn't...

Not sure if this is relevant but prior to paying to unlock the app I went into the settings for the app on the TV and chose to delete the data and the cache and then uninstalled the app.

I then did a proper reboot of the TV from the settings page and reloaded the app and then paid to unlock using Amazon coins.

3 minutes ago, ebr said:

That is not the beta.  Be sure you force close any current instance of Emby on the device and then start up the beta version.  Should be 1.8.26.

My apologies. That was a typo. 1.8.26 is showing the same behavior.

2 minutes ago, hmitch said:

My apologies. That was a typo. 1.8.26 is showing the same behavior.

Does any other in-app purchase on the device work for you?

Can you follow the instructions I sent you in the PM to send a log after attempting the restore purchase?

Thanks.

Dariusz
36 minutes ago, KalEl770 said:

Nothing happens, really. I click the button and the screen goes back to the video I'm trying to watch. I press play and I get the same error that I need to get premiere, buy the app unlock or restore the unlock.

this is exactly what happens to me as well and also on 2 devices, both firestick 4k

Just now, Dariusz said:

this is exactly what happens to me as well and also on 2 devices, both firestick 4k

Can you please try the restore purchase button and then immediately send a log from the app?

Thanks.