Auto Login

ITGuy1024

Try going to the devices on your server and deleting the Roku.  Then try logging on again and see if it remembers properly.

On the Roku turn the option "Remember me" to NO so it does not remember you. After you have done this press back on your remote repeatedly until it asks, "Do you want to exit Emby?". Choose "Sign Out" at that point. You will wind up on the user select screen. At that point leave the application by pressing the home button when on the user select screen.

This will leave the app in a state where it has no user and has to reset the authentication again. Open the Emby app again. This time you pick the user and put the password again.

Now go to remember me and change it back to yes. Keep pressing back until it asks do you want to exit. Exit the application.

Now open it again and see if it goes right in.

The above will fix the issue if it was something stored within the Emby registry/data on the Roku for the user causing the issue. Sometimes you need to reset the Emby Roku settings/registry entirely. There is a "Reset Settings" button at the bottom of the first section of settings. If you click this it will reset the entire Emby settings/data stored on that Roku. It gives Emby on that Roku a fresh slate to start on. Everything Emby on that Roku will be reset and it will need to be set up again. But the settings will stick. That might also fix it if the flopping remember me trick above does not. After you Reset Settings press the home button. The app will start brand new again. It does not reset every application on your Roku. It only resets the Emby registry on that particular Roku. It does not force you to redo all your Netflix, Vudu, Sling, Youtube, etc all over again too. It just makes Emby feel brand new and shiny again so any issues in the registry can be cleared.

Edited by speechles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ITGuy1024

Sorry for the delay - been busy and not using Emby much. Anyway. Still having this problem on Roku and Emby Theater. 

In emby theater did you try selecting the remember me option? That's really all you need to do.