No channel guide

lklein

Emby won't show the channel guide anymore. Won't work with emby or schedule direct.  Just stop showing the guide a few days ago. No guide or Programs. It just shows the channel icons
I thought that Emby would fix this bug by now.

What do  I do?

Thanks
Bert

Hi there, please try refreshing the guide data in Emby Server and see if this helps. Thanks.

Yes. I have a dual a connect and a quad connect.  The HDHR view program is working okay with them.  

I see the channels  listed in the Emby live TV setup in the channel map. The guide info just doesn't show up. Neither does the program  channels. It just shows the channel icons as below.

program-emby.jpg

emby-guide.jpg

Edited by lklein

Can you please run the refresh guide scheduled task and then attach the emby server log after it completes? Thanks.

Emby Server  is on a Shield TV. I'm not sure how to access the log file on it. Not as straight forward as a PC.

Edited by lklein

4 minutes ago, lklein said:

Emby Server  is on a Shield TV. I'm not sure how to access the log file on it. Not as straight forward as a PC.

From the main server admin menu, simply go to the Logs section and you can download log files from there.

Attempts to connect to your HD Homerun tuner are timing out and failing:

Connection to http://192.168.10.106/discover.json timed out

Is your tuner offline? Try rebooting it and then refresh the guide data in emby server again.

My tuners are online. I can watch TV on hdhomerun view, scan channels etc.

I deleted all the tuners from Emby and reinstalled them to no avail.   Puzzling. Emby's been working great for a month or two.

Don't know why Emby log file say's it can't connect or is timing out.

No.  That was my old router. I switch to a new one a few days ago.b  Here are the ip's of my three hdhomeruns

Ok so then i would go into your server live tv settings, update the ip address of the hd homerun tuner(s), and then refresh the guide data again.

They already have the correct ip numbers since I deleted and added the tuners. I can update the ip numbers but I will just be typing back in the same numbers. Will try anyhow.
I appreciate all of your help and sure it will get fix.

Wow that was weird. I actually deleted the ip addresses and type the exact ones back in and it works. I have to remember this.  Why I have no idea.
Thanks.

How could it be the same number when you said earlier that

http://192.168.10.106

was not correct? 

That number is not correct.  It is 192.168.1.4    and the others are the same but instead of ending  with 4 they are 16 and 6 like I posted above.

Actually you asked me if it was that number and I said no in the post above.  I think you probably seen that number in the Emby  log text I sent you.  That was the number several days back with my old router. I installed another router with the current ip numbers. 

Somehow Emby show the current ip numbers but it didn't work. I did what you said anyhow and just retyped the same ip numbers that were showing and for some reason it worked.

Still don't have it working.  I deleted my tuners in Emby and reinstalled them.  No go. Then I looked at the ips in my router. They were the same as Emby shows. 

Then I entered the ips by hand. This worked last time but not this time.

Everything else works okay with my HDhomeruns.  I don't think Emby had any updates lately so it's confusing.

The only thing I can think of is I had to have the cable company send a signal to my modem a few times to get the internet working okay.  Not sure if that could effect Emby.