Cambiar título "Emby" y ícono "favicon.ico" Emby 4.4.3 - APORTE

Alexmanafan

Alexmanafan

Hola a todos, les traigo un aporte y espero sea permitido por la comunidad Emby.

Se trata de cambiar el favicon.ico, pero principalmente de cambiar el título "Emby", esto debido a que hay muchos usuarios reportando o preguntando como se hace esto, y la verdad hay varias soluciones en la comunidad, pero practicamente a todas les falta siempre algún detalle. Por este motivo les traigo la solución definitiva y la que estoy utilizando actualmente.

Lo más sencillo primero,

Cambiar favicon.ico

Lógicamente lo primero es tener nuestro nuevo ícono a mano. (extensión .ico)

Bien copiamos nuestro nuevo favicon.ico, y nos vamos al directorio /system/dashboard-ui/ allí damos clic derecho Pegar nos pedirá confirmación para reescribir, damos Sí.

Cambiar el título "Emby" por el nombre de nuestro servicio o servidor ejemplo "Server-multimedia"

Lo primero que tienes que tener en cuenta es que necesitas editar 3 archivos y dentro de cada uno de ellos, debes buscar la palabra Emby varias veces, yo te indido...

Nota: Realizar una salva de cada archivo que edites por si te equivocas, volver al original.

1er archivo a editar: /system/dashboard-ui/index.html

dentro de este archivo index.html debemos buscar la línea:

<meta name="application-name" content="Emby">

y reemplazarla por: (Server-Multimedia es el nombre que quieres poner)

<meta name="application-name" content="Server-Multimedia">

Buscamos la línea:

<meta property="og:title" content="Emby">

y la reemplazamos por:

<meta property="og:title" content="Server-Multimedia">

Buscamos la línea:

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Emby">

y la reemplazamos por:

<meta property="og:site_name" content="Server-Multimedia">

Por último buscamos la línea:

<title>Emby</title>

y la reemplazamos por:

<title>Server-Multimedia</title>

Guardamos los cambios.

2do archivo a editar: /system/dashboard-ui/manifest.json

Buscamos la línea:

"name": "Emby",

y la reemplazamos por:

"name": "Server-Multimedia",

Buscamos la línea:

"short_name": "Emby",

y la reemplazamos por:

"short_name": "Server-Multimedia",

Guardamos los cambios.

3er archivo a editar: /system/dashboard-ui/modules/appheader.js

Buscamos el parámetro:

document.title="Emby"},

y lo reemplazamos por:

document.title="Server-Multimedia"},

Hay que tener cuidado con este archivo appheader.js debido a que no es por líneas sino que parece todo un párrafo, por eso debemos buscar bien el texto citado.

Guardamos los cambios.

En la mayoría de los casos debes, limpiar los datos del sitio en el navegador que usas, y reiniciar el servidor Emby.

Al actualizar de versión, debemos realizar nuevamente los pasos, y es posible que cambien las ubicaciones o nombres de los archivos editados. (ya ha sucedido)

Saludos y espero les resulte útil.

Probado en Emby server 4.4.3.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
cmserrano89

Buenas amigo, has logrado hacer funcionar esta metodología en la última versión de Emby, 4.6.7.0. A mí me hace algo muy raro, me carga la página con el nombre que le definí por 1 segundo, luego vuelve a aparecer el nombre: Emby. En esta versión el único archivo que cambió su dirección fue "appheader.js" pero aún haciendo lo de arriba sigue apareciendo el nombre original del sitio. Saludos y gracias por tu aporte.

Happy2Play
25 minutes ago, cmserrano89 said:

Good friend, you have managed to make this methodology work in the latest version of Emby, 4.6.7.0. It makes me something very strange, it loads the page with the name I defined for 1 second, then the name reappears: Emby. In this version the only file that changed its address was "appheader.js" but even doing the above the original name of the site still appears. Greetings and thanks for your contribution.

Might have to clear your browser cache.

image.png.ed3d1e7a16f3fb22b9701b324fdf8245.png

Only applied to \system\dashboard-ui\modules\appheader\appheader.js, note I beautified the js file to show format structure.

Line 302:         document.title = "My Custom Emby"

Now refreshing the page shows Emby then My Custom Emby.

Then I changed the \system\dashboard-ui\Index.html <title>Emby</title> from Emby to <title>My Custom Emby</title> and now page refresh shows My Custom Emby.

But navigation to other pages shows Emby.  So will make the other edits to see what else is required and update.

v4.6.7.0

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

@cmserrano89You have to edit additional code in appheader.js

document.title = title ? "string" == typeof title ? title : title.Name || "Emby" : "Emby")

So 2 places in appheader.js and 1 in index.html.

• Like 1

Alexmanafan
On 12/6/2021 at 7:12 PM, cmserrano89 said:

Buenas amigo, has logrado hacer funcionar esta metodología en la última versión de Emby, 4.6.7.0. A mí me hace algo muy raro, me carga la página con el nombre que le definí por 1 segundo, luego vuelve a aparecer el nombre: Emby. En esta versión el único archivo que cambió su dirección fue "appheader.js" pero aún haciendo lo de arriba sigue apareciendo el nombre original del sitio. Saludos y gracias por tu aporte.

Como te mencionaron, debes limpiar los datos del sitio en el navegador. Aún uso el método en la última versión y funciona sin problemas.

• 7 months later...
21 hours ago, Damian Andreu said:

En la ultima actualizacion sigue funcionando este metodo?

Hi there, can you please describe your question in more detail? Thanks !

• 10 months later...
HUGO1963

Hello 

I have an Emby server with version 4.7.11 and I have tried to change the logo and name following all these steps, but it doesn't work.

I have deleted the cache and the browser history, and I have restarted the server several times but nothing. 

Any suggestions you can give me please?

Regards 

Alexmanafan
11 hours ago, HUGO1963 said:

Hello 

I have an Emby server with version 4.7.11 and I have tried to change the logo and name following all these steps, but it doesn't work.

I have deleted the cache and the browser history, and I have restarted the server several times but nothing. 

Any suggestions you can give me please?

Regards 

Hello
Update to 4.7.12, in this version from the settings you can already change the name of the server and it will be displayed in the browser.
The logo is not the same as the favicon.ico, you must search your server for the logowhite.png file and replace it with the logo you want.

HUGO1963

Thanks

I changed the logowhite.png file (C:\Usersers\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\logoscreensaver) ,I restarted the server , however, the Emby logo still appears. Restart the server but nothing.

In the control panel appears the version 4.7.11.0 and below the box marked with the message Emby server is updated, when I click on the version number a combo displays, but does not appear the version 4.7.12 .

I am a bit confused with the procedure. The operating system is windows 8.1 , is this why I can not upgrade to the new version?

Regards

Alexmanafan
3 minutes ago, HUGO1963 said:

Thanks

I changed the logowhite.png file (C:\Usersers\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\logoscreensaver) ,I restarted the server , however, the Emby logo still appears. Restart the server but nothing.

In the control panel appears the version 4.7.11.0 and below the box marked with the message Emby server is updated, when I click on the version number a combo displays, but does not appear the version 4.7.12 .

I am a bit confused with the procedure. The operating system is windows 8.1 , is this why I can not upgrade to the new version?

Regards

Download the new version and install it (without removing the previous one) you will not lose anything.
Then you have to overwrite the file again.
Clean the data of the site in the browser and test the new logo should already be seen.

HUGO1963

Hello

I upgraded to version 4.7.12 on the server and also changed the name, however, even though I replaced the logowhite.png file and cleared the browser cache I can't get the new logo to appear.

I restarted the server and the PC where it is installed, but nothing. 

HUGO1963

Hello 

Finally I could change the logo.

There have been two logowhite files, one at this address :

C:\Userservers\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\logoscreensaver

And the other one in this other one, and it has been here where the change worked

C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\dashboard-ui\modules\themes

thanks for the help