CoverArt not showing custom indicator overlay

Drubei
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

@ebr

Hi I'm wondering if someone from the community could help me.  I've install the CoverArt plugin but could not get it to display my custom indicator image overlay.  It would show the default or sometimes nothing at all. 

Emby Servier (Windows) 4.4.3.0

CoverArt 4.1.9.0

I have two test files:  hdtype_1080.png and hdtype_UHD.png

pic1.PNG.d1b7d10dcefad36f3ce5a31cf22d4be1.PNG

Image location is set as default.  I have also tried using a custom location but still does not work.

pic3.thumb.PNG.fe8cbd58222074a4adb41d39f9c3ec98.PNG

I have also read through these threads and have follow their guidelines but still no good.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72396-coverart-show-us-your-custom-overlay-templates/

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72358-coverart-bug-custom-image-location/

STRANGE BEHAVIOR:
When I go into the CoverArt Settings > Indicator Overlays > Media Info
I select "custom" for overly style.
Everytime I come back to that setting the "Overly Style" is blank.  It seems that it doesn't save the "custom".  Maybe there's a save or apply button somewhere that I'm missing?

pic2.thumb.PNG.c6e214ef55db30f6b47543f4354730f2.PNG

Any help would be appreciated!  I have been trying for hours and still could not get this to work.

I just tested this and it worked for me but I had to define the custom overlay location manually because - due to my server having been moved from a previous configuration - the default was incorrect (saved in xml probably).

I also did not see the problem with the drop down not filling properly.  It is always custom when that's what I set it to.  I wonder if maybe saving of the settings is failing for you for some reason.

Can you refresh an item that should have one of these overlays and select "Replace all images" and then post the server log from after you did that?

Thanks for the reply ebr,

I have just check CoverArt.xml and it seems to have written the path correctly.

pic5.thumb.PNG.1a2c362deb463a6d655761af461e9b72.PNG

Following your instructions I have refresh and replace all images.  Result are still the same.  Default overlay shows perfectly fine, just no custom.

pic4.thumb.PNG.9fa8b4a1040ce0f36e1463d00345a058.PNG

Here is my log:

embyserver.txt

Again thanks for looking into this ebr!

Edited by Drubei

Just tried adding what you said.

pic7.PNG.972ac8d230ccee2fc53f77b2978800ad.PNG

Restarted emby server and now there's no overlay showing at all.  Aslo did a refresh on all images as well.
I went back to the plugin settings and "custom" does show in the Overlay Style now.   But when I click on "select image location" and press OK it reverts back to <path /> again.  It does show the default overlay after reverting.
I can see the CoverArt.xml changes live while having Atom editor open.

Seems for some reason it does not want to save any custom path.  Any more suggestion would be great.  Thanks!

Edited by Drubei

I tried manually removing and adding the path.  Still no joy.

In a desperate attempt I uninstall Emby Server then did a fresh install.  Surprisingly the issue is still there.
Not sure what the issue is but I've remove the CoverArt plugin for now.  I don't seem to have any problem with other plugins, very strange.

Edited by Drubei

• Solution
Happy2Play

Testing this I see odd results, but it would appear your default options play a factor in this also as I had "Use container instead of codec" disabled and Custom indicator would clear all treatment for that item.  When I enabled it I got treatment. (Might have to do with Specific Cover Selections mapping)

Also note that if you do not have a indicator for video, audio, aspect in your custom folder you will not get any.  Also there is no preview for Resolution.

indicator image size has a factor also.

Primary.thumb.jpg.dc3dc8c2da9a5121a94cca6f63eb2052.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Don't know what settings matter but this is what I had on my test system.

1.jpg.9a1cb00723ddcfaabf67097a1cd0ed09.jpg

2.jpg.70768751b375b7f181f32d4e8f70f00b.jpg

• Thanks 1

FYI the preview not showing resolution is a known issue and is the case even without custom indicators.

Thank you @Happy2Play !!

That worked!  Following your instructions and copying your settings instead of using the default some how made it worked.  I'm still unsure of the exact cause but it's working as it should now.  Thanks a lot for the help from @ebr as well.

pic8.thumb.PNG.51670d241362a0d2922a4af9caf2fffd.PNG

It works on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro as well.  It didn't show before.

Emby_20200819_222834.thumb.png.5797889837b2d52e92994648eb794e0a.png

Do you know if there's a list of the correct naming for all the overlays? I would like to share my custom overlays with the community since I've been reading other's requesting for more overlay packs.  Can't seem to find a wiki or any details anywhere regarding this.

So far I've only got the following from @Senna post: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/72396-coverart-show-us-your-custom-overlay-templates/

Resolution:
hdtype_720.png
hdtype_1080.png
hdtype_UHD.png

Audio:
codec_aac.png
codec_ac3.png
codec_dts.png
codec_truehd.png

Subtitle:
subt_xx.png (xx=country subtitle abbreviation code)

Edited by Drubei

7 hours ago, Drubei said:

Resolution:
hdtype_720.png
hdtype_1080.png
hdtype_UHD.png

Audio:
codec_aac.png
codec_ac3.png
codec_dts.png
codec_truehd.png

Subtitle:
subt_xx.png (xx=country subtitle abbreviation code)

I believe that's it - although the audio one should work for any codec by putting the proper codec after the '_'.  This would be the same for video codecs as well.