Scan Library Option in tray menu

Desert-Rat

Desert-Rat

Emby is far better, in every way, than Plex.  An improvement would be a drop down option from the Menu bar to Scan the Library (videos added to my source folder for the library don't automatically appear in Emby, so I have to scan to load them).

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Sorry I don't follow as there is already a Scan the library on all Libraries menu options (three dot/right click).

Desert-Rat

I know, but I thought it would be faster/easier if the Scan option was in the Drop Down from the Menu Bar (it is in Plex - but that's about the only thing I liked better about Plex.)

Happy2Play
38 minutes ago, Desert-Rat said:

I know, but I thought it would be faster/easier if the Scan option was in the Drop Down from the Menu Bar (it is in Plex - but that's about the only thing I liked better about Plex.)

As a non-Plex user, where are you calling the Menu bar?  To me I don't know what would be faster as I don't know the context of where you are referring to.  But would it not be two clicks no matter what?

Happy2Play

So you are suggesting Scan Library files via the Tray icon.  Will have to look but pretty sure there are other FRs.

Edited by Happy2Play

Desert-Rat

In the grand scheme of things, Emby is terrific; my suggestion was just a leftover from Plex (one of its features.). What's "FRs"?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, Desert-Rat said:

What's "FRs"?

This forum section "Feature Requests"

Desert-Rat

Ah hah!  Thank you...Isn't that where I posted; isn't this the the FR section?  I looks like I've mis-posted...Please tell me where to go (it won't be the first time I've been told where to go).

Thanx for your help, Michael

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Desert-Rat said:

Ah hah!  Thank you...Isn't that where I posted; isn't this the the FR section?  I looks like I've mis-posted...Please tell me where to go (it won't be the first time I've been told where to go).

Thanx for your help, Michael

Your in the right place, just thought this was requested before but may have been in a normal topic.