Error no compatible streams available

mylous

Samsung model: UE43RU7100KXXU
Samsung software: T-MSLDEUC-1360.9
Emby client: 1.0.77
Emby Server: 4.4.3.0 (Official Docker Image, running reverse proxy to access remotely)

When trying to play any video on the samsung TV the error no compatible streams are available appears for all media. On a LG tv there is no problem.

Both are connecting remotely to the server but from the same place.

LG playback starts line 1058 in the log.

Samsung playback starts line 132, then 1467 after that every 200 or so lines after that in the log.

I can see in the dashboard when the samsung starts to play it says direct playing, so i assume this is a file compatability issue and for some reason the server is choosing not to transcode.

We have tried to alter the internet connection setting on the samsung tv both to the highest, lowest and on auto and still get the same result.

embyserverlog.txt

Edited by mylous
Attach file

Can you provide metadata for one of the files that isn't playing on the Samsung?

What happens if you choose AAC audio on that first file?  Do you have the same problem?

• 2 weeks later...

@Luke Sorry for the late reply. I tried it without the reverse proxy as suggested by @cayars. I set up the ssl in the network settings and then connected directly through the server ssl port rather than 443 when I was using the reverse proxy. That fixed the issue so I left the server in that configuration. It has been working great with no problems since so I removed the reverse proxy.

I can give you more info on how I had it set up if that would help in any way?

• Like 1