Playback Reporting - media statistics

NYRANGERS423
Go to solution Solved by TeamB,

NYRANGERS423

@TeamB Does the Playback Reporting plugin have any information about the play count for the media not by user? Information like the video was last played 17 days ago or a date previous. I am trying to find out what videos my family doesn't watch anymore by determining that a video was not played in over 6 months. Then this will allow me to remove the video.

• Solution
TeamB

You can use the query tab to do addhoc queries for data like this.

The queries are in sql against a single table so should be simple to write and understand.

UPDATE:
Actually this is only going to give you what was played last longer than 6 months ago, if no user has watched a movie at all then that movie wont show up in Playback reporting ever.

I dont think you can get the info you are looking for from Emby, have a look at:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56640-developing-a-standalone-embystat-server/
It might do what you need.

Edited by TeamB

• 1 month later...
CarlosLima

Hello,
Is this plugin not working anymore?
I didn't find it in the plugins catalog for the installation.
Is there any other similar plugin?
Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
EliteArmedForce

@EliteArmedForce

Hello,

Recently, I installed emby server in another device (RPi4) and I noticed that "Playback Reporting" plugin missing in catalog of Emby server 4.5.2.0 version whereas my first server still has it installed. Please help!!!

Present plugin catalog:

image.png

That I am looking for:

image.png.24075d1d3217a2482d5163b0b0b003f4.png

Edited by EliteArmedForce
Removed duplicate picture

TeamB

oh crap sorry I forgot to add it back, I was cleaning up a bunch of stuff and removed it for a while.

I will work to have it added back into the catalogue in the next day or so.

Until then you can get it as a download and drop it directly into your plugins dir of the server from the GitHub page:

https://github.com/faush01/playback_reporting/releases

Grab the playback_reporting.zip and extract the dll into your emby server plugin dir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EliteArmedForce
9 hours ago, TeamB said:

oh crap sorry I forgot to add it back, I was cleaning up a bunch of stuff and removed it for a while.

I will work to have it added back into the catalogue in the next day or so.

Until then you can get it as a download and drop it directly into your plugins dir of the server from the GitHub page:

https://github.com/faush01/playback_reporting/releases

Grab the playback_reporting.zip and extract the dll into your emby server plugin dir.

8 hours ago, TeamB said:

its back in the catalogue now

No worries. I just checked, it is back. Thanks man

• 1 month later...
TeamB

My suggestion would be for you to describe the problem and perhaps supply a log file. That would be a good starting point.

bretswinney

I reset up my server & I am having trouble getting my playback reporting data to show up correctly.  Which log file do you need?

TeamB

In what way is it showing up wrong?

Are you trying to import some playback reporting backup data and it is not working?

Do you have the playback reporting back up file, you should be able to open it with notepad to see if it is correct data.

What happens when you try to import the playback reporting data?

Edited by TeamB

bretswinney
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

In what way is it showing up wrong? users are not there

Are you trying to import some playback reporting backup data and it is not working? yes

Do you have the playback reporting back up file, you should be able to open it with notepad to see if it is correct data. data is coming in but users are not lining up

What happens when you try to import the playback reporting data? data comes back does not show up

image.png.402243560fce13f31430c05b92741224.png

image.thumb.png.abf4c6d1d7ec9b46789e53d7e076b004.png

Happy2Play

Are you basically saying the plugin userids do not align with the reset server userids any more?  Only 3 of 17 users have names @bretswinney

TeamB

Yes, if you reinstalled the server the users will have different ids so old playback reporting data will no longer be able to look up the user name.

The only way to fix this would be to find/guess the old user id:name then find the new user id and do a find replace for all the old ones and update them with the new ones.

TeamB

You can either directly modify the backup TSV file, remove all the old data, in the settings set "Data retention" to clear all and run the Trim DB scheduled task, remember to set Data retention back afterwards. Then re import the data from the modified TSV.

Or you can run some SQL update commands in the Query TAB of the plugin to do the updates, like this:

UPDATE PlaybackActivity SET UserId = "<new user id>" WHERE UserId = "<old user id>"

Happy2Play

FYI if you go to Dashboard-Users and click on each users you will see their userid in the url.