LIVE TV Won't Play without EPG

KingKoopa08

KingKoopa08

I just found an issue. My guide didn't refresh so it had no program information in the guide. When I go to play the channel either in channels or in guide. It wont play, so I fixed my epg issue. Refreshed and the channels load. This a new bug with the latest release?

corey

We should be dropping a new release soon that addresses a number of guide related issues. If you see this issue after the next release we can revisit it. 

KingKoopa08
On 13/08/2020 at 04:36, corey said:

We should be dropping a new release soon that addresses a number of guide related issues. If you see this issue after the next release we can revisit it. 

Thanks @corey. Do you have an ETA?

vdatanet
1 minute ago, KingKoopa08 said:

Thanks @corey. Do you have an ETA?

You can join the beta program sending a PM to @ebr asking him for a TestFlight invitation providing your app store mail.

• 1 month later...

I have this same or a similar issue. I reported this type of behavior in the Apple TV app a few versions ago (which it was fixed), but it seems to have came back from the dead.

Version: 1.4.7 (0)

If there is no EPG, there is no play button to play the selected stream.

So maybe my issue is a little different than the OP's, but I didn't want to create a whole separate thread. For me it's not that it doesn't play, it's that there is no way to play it.

Thanks in advance for any development fixing it.

12 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Does it play if you press the play button on the remote?

Unfortunately I don't even know where my original Apple TV remote is. I use the CEC function of my LG OLED TV to control my Apple TV, so there is no play button, only the "OK" or "Enter" button.

Thanks in advance for any attention you can give to this.

Edited by devz3ro

3 minutes ago, devz3ro said:

Unfortunately I don't even know where my original Apple TV remote is. I use the CEC function of my LG OLED TV to control my Apple TV, so there is no play button, only the "OK" or "Enter" button.

Thanks in advance for any attention you can give to this.

Would you have the ability to grant me access to your server please? I’m one of the devs for Apple TV and this would help me greatly in troubleshooting it. 

Thanks!

35 minutes ago, corey said:

Would you have the ability to grant me access to your server please? I’m one of the devs for Apple TV and this would help me greatly in troubleshooting it. 

Thanks!

I'll do you one better, here is a m3u file that you can load in your Emby server (under Live TV - m3u tuner) that will display one channel with no guide so you can see the issue on your Apple TV to debug.

test.m3u

Edited by devz3ro

10 hours ago, devz3ro said:

I'll do you one better, here is a m3u file that you can load in your Emby server (under Live TV - m3u tuner) that will display one channel with no guide so you can see the issue on your Apple TV to debug.

test.m3u 258 B · 0 downloads

Thank you. We'll get this fixed up for future releases.

On 9/22/2020 at 8:24 AM, corey said:

Thank you. We'll get this fixed up for future releases.

Thanks for your support.

Update:

I was able to find my Apple TV remote. Pressing the play button on it after selecting a Live TV channel without guide data doesn't do anything. Still unable to play the selected channel.

• 2 weeks later...
devz3ro

Yes, my Apple TV Emby App was updated to version 1.4.8(2).

The play button is now visible to Live TV channels without an EPG.

Thanks for your attention to this, you may close this thread and mark as resolved.