MB Media Centre: Crash on Search & Library Actors

Tanamur

Tanamur

Hi there -

Thanks for the regular updates and I just updated 1.20. I am having two problems:

1) Select-ing the Search options crashes it back to the Roku home screen each time and every time.

2) When I select Movie Library and scroll up to the row with Suggested|Unwatched|All Movies|Actors (this is very nice btw) and selected Actors, after a long time I get an error message stating:

There was a problem trying to get the people movies list from the server.....

I would appreciate it if you could take a look at these issues.

Cheers, Tanamur

Edited by Tanamur

im85288

Hi for the first one try the newer version 2.1, the other one I'll have a look later on to see if it's happening for me.

Tanamur

Hi for the first one try the newer version 2.1, the other one I'll have a look later on to see if it's happening for me.

1) Fixed - Select-ing the Search options crashes it back to the Roku home screen each time and every time.

2) Pending - When I select Movie Library and scroll up to the row with Suggested|Unwatched|All Movies|Actors (this is very nice btw) and selected Actors, after a long time I get an error message. Could you also have a look at the results when an actor/cast is selected so that it pulls both the movie and TV appearances.

Thanks, Tanamur

im85288

The second one 'may' be fixed in version 2.4 

I limited the number of actors retrieved to 2000 as it timed out getting all 6790 in my library.

Tanamur

Hi @@im85288, thanks but version 2.4 has not updated on my device yet. I have 30,000 entries in my TV/People. I will test it when the update arrives. Cheers, Tanamur

Tanamur

Hi All - Is there any trick to get Roku channels to update? I am still stuck on V 2.1. Tried manually forcing an update. Tried cycling the power. Nothing seems to work. Thanks, Tanamur

im85288

Hi, I think your stuck on the older channel link. If you re add the channel from the link in the first post it should get the latest version.

Tanamur

The second one 'may' be fixed in version 2.4 

I limited the number of actors retrieved to 2000 as it timed out getting all 6790 in my library.

Hi @im85288 - The updates are working now and I am at V2.9. If I select a small media collection then the actors display does not time out and goes on to display the actors.. However, if I pick a large collection, it still does time out so it does not seem to be limiting itself to 2000 on my configuration. Thanks, Tanamur