Problem with Trailers/channel download disc filling up

ronvp
Go to solution Solved by ronvp,

ronvp

Recently I enabled the "Enable channel content downloading for: Trailers" option and set the download path to a 8 TB server. No problem there.

I then noticed that my 120 GB SSD (with the regular MBS cache completely filled up, causing my system to throw "out of memory errors". The culprit was a "TEMP directory created inside the normal MBS cache directory.

I decided to move the MBS cache to a striped Hard disc with about 160 GB space left. It too got filled up

I did some testing and here is what I found:

1. If you enable the "Enable channel content downloading for: Trailers" and set a special Path on a large server, the Trailers do get downloaded to that directory, without any issues. However no matter where you download the trailers, MBS creates 2 more directories (Channels & TEMP) in the regular Cache location. For most people this is in "C:\Users\"your-user-name-here"\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\cache".
  2. The above "Channel" directory gets only a couple of entries and does not create problems.
  3. The TEMP directory, fills up with HUGE amounts of data and the *.tmp* files (as in 610a216c-948b-46ab-b746-14ea8220f61c.tmp), do not get deleted.

The only workaround I found was to disable the channel content downloading for Trailers

• Solution
ronvp

make sure you're on the latest server because i tested and verified this was resolved.

Confirmed, version  3.0.5309.26857, is working OK it creates a single file in the Temp dir and after the trailer is downloaded, it deletes the temp file and starts the next one..

Edited by ronvp

A8HTPC

I have my cache on a much larger sata drive. Its fast enough n doesnt need to b on my 60gb ssd

make sure you're on the latest server because i tested and verified this was resolved.

• 2 weeks later...
ginjaninja

@@Luke

Version 3.0.5326.38482

just had same problem...temp was full of 700 trailers c. 100 gb,

last week i had set the channel 'delete content after'  to 700 days and yesterday i reduced to 60 days.. Today i was running the download channel content scheduled task..and noticed my drive was full.

. So there are still some use cases when it goes wrong.

i have a custom path for channel downloads

wiping cache\temp  and the custom channel  path, seems to have fixed it...

Edited by ginjaninja