External Connections

Knyte

Hi all

Hoping someone could identify my issue and maybe a resolution. (FYI - have done a search on "External Connections / connectivity" and tried the resolution within the KB's but still no luck. Have also checked other topics with the same issue but the replies takes me back to the same KB source

What's happening is that within my network, I can connect to my server 99% of the time (the 1% i just have to restart the server and then it'll work). however when i am outside of my network, I have problems connecting more often than not. The best I have had is about a month ago, I was able to connect every day. Prior to that, and now for the last week, I haven't been able to connect via the App (Emby Connect).

If i was never able to connect, I'd think it was a setting or me doing something wrong but when I've been able to connect sometimes and most of the time I can't, is confusing me.

Edited by Knyte

Hi Knyte,

When you're outside your network what client are you using? Is it just Web or mobile phone?

Is your server setup for only SSL (secure connections)?

Carlo

Knyte can you tell us what version of the Emby app you're current running?

You could try the open beta from here if you know now to side load apps.  It has a lot of new functionality. If it causes a problem just go back to the Play store and install the normal version back on top of it.