Scraping data

nanohits

nanohits

HI there,

I am having issues with Emby scraping images.

For example the new movie Rook (2020). I click on identify, shows the image and the description. I say ok to add and then the image doesnt show up. I then use the movieddb instead of IMDB ID instead. Say ok , still the image doesnt show up. I have to physically upload the image for the cover art to show up. It happens to a lot of shows.

Is this a bug?

seanbuff
25 minutes ago, nanohits said:

new movie Rook (2020)

25 minutes ago, nanohits said:

It happens to a lot of shows

Hi, you mention 'movie' and then say 'shows' -- are you trying to add a Movie or a TV Series?

nanohits

Sorry its a movie, my bad for saying show, in fact it happens to shows as well when tv shows are added. Not all the time but quite a few I must add.

seanbuff

Yeah so I tried adding this movie as a test, and had the same results. The TMDB id is found, but the poster is never actually retrieved even though I can see the GET request

2020-08-11 17:05:04.125 Info HttpClient: GET https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/y38E0d7HiPyRMmPo3lWq7sXGfqZ.jpg

Not sure what's going on with that one, but as you can see from the TMDB page, it's a really new listing (with very little data) and most of the time the API is not updated quite as quickly as the site.

As for the TV Shows, good practice is to always add year (2020) to your folder names, it helps identifying when there are similar named shows.

nanohits
2 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

Yeah so I tried adding this movie as a test, and had the same results. The TMDB id is found, but the poster is never actually retrieved even though I can see the GET request

2020-08-11 17:05:04.125 Info HttpClient: GET https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/y38E0d7HiPyRMmPo3lWq7sXGfqZ.jpg

Not sure what's going on with that one, but as you can see from the TMDB page, it's a really new listing (with very little data) and most of the time the API is not updated quite as quickly as the site.

As for the TV Shows, good practice is to always add year (2020) to your folder names, it helps identifying when there are similar named shows.

As for TV shows I go by what SOnarr does. I am dictated by that due to automation. I think Sonarr is a gold standard for these things.

I get the same results as well.

That image is valid and can easily be opened in a browser, so it should be picked up from Emby.

@Luke

https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/y38E0d7HiPyRMmPo3lWq7sXGfqZ.jpg

Happy2Play

I had no issue testing with "\Movies - DB\Rook. (2020)\Rook. (2020).disc"

database on library test

2020-08-11 17:02:23.584 Info HttpClient: GET https://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/y38E0d7HiPyRMmPo3lWq7sXGfqZ.jpg
2020-08-11 17:02:23.775 Debug ProviderManager: Saving image to C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\library\33\3324513555cc329b9524fd10f7aef43b\poster.jpg

What download and image fetcher orders? 

What exact naming scheme?

I tested on 4.5.0.17 if it really matters.

Tested Rook (2020) also on 4.4.3.0 writing metadata/images to folder without issue also.

rook.jpg.446e6b5460fffe2b38a7dcbef366966c.jpg

Or is this just a Identify issue as everything identified properly on import?

Edited by Happy2Play

With no change it's now working for me as well.  Might have been a glitch on the host that was fixed.

@nanohits can you try this movie again using identify and see if it also works for you now?