Webserver keeps Crashing / Force Backup for Migration

Skyobliwind

Skyobliwind

Since yesterday the Webserver of my emby instance keeps crashing and I don't know why. I'm using the community Plugin on FreeNas atm. Installed is Version 4.3.1.0

I don't find a valid reason in the server logs for why it suddently started crashing... and decided to simply use that moment to move to a new jail with the offical Plugin on Version 4.4.3.0 installed, but I can't find a way to force trigger a Server Backup using the Server Backup plugin. I don't wanna wait 12+ hours to maybe get a backup. Isn't there a trigger button for that and if not, why?

(Yes I am premiere user)

I attached the Server Log, maybe you see the crash reason (but I'd prefer just migrating to a new Jail)

embyserver.txt

Skyobliwind

It crashes like about 1-2 minutes after restarting the jail. In between I can open the website normally and login. It doesn't matter if it'sidle or tries to transcode something in that time.

It still responds to ping requests when the webserver has died.

MRobi
51 minutes ago, Skyobliwind said:

I can't find a way to force trigger a Server Backup using the Server Backup plugin. I don't wanna wait 12+ hours to maybe get a backup. Isn't there a trigger button for that and if not, why?

You should be able to force a backup under Settings - Scheduled Tasks - Configuration Backup. Press the "Play" looking button and it'll run the task

Skyobliwind

Ok, the Backup and recovery worked almost nice, but why doesn't it copy the metadata like pictures and so on I manually added? I set to save everything in the media folders but still it doesn't show up on the new instance...

MRobi
18 hours ago, Skyobliwind said:

Ok, the Backup and recovery worked almost nice, but why doesn't it copy the metadata like pictures and so on I manually added? I set to save everything in the media folders but still it doesn't show up on the new instance...

If backup/restore saved and imported all the metadata the file size would be massive and the process would take forever. It's made for settings and then it will allow the database to rebuild itself. If you've saved all of the metadata into the media folders, they should automatically be used.