win 10 emby theater stereo ac3 not 5.1

Gofran
Go to solution Solved by sooty234,

do you mind by helping me with using quick asist i am lost dont know this i am pro when it comes to hardware but coding dont understand

sooty234

Yes, that should work. I usually copy over the mpv.com and the d3dcomplier, too. But you don't have to.

Edited by sooty234

sooty234
1 minute ago, Gofran said:

and where should i unzip scalers file at

That's your choice. It doesn't matter. You just need to address them correctly in your mpv.conf

sooty234

It won't affect your 4K stuff, but will improve your lower resolution videos. Your 4K HDR stuff should be mostly unchanged. You don't want that messed with.

sooty234

You may also want to change the display settings in the Nvidia control panel to 4:2:2 12 bpc

243107118_Annotation2020-08-10235103.jpg.2678a75425cdd0af2e781e4443aedd07.jpg

Edited by sooty234

Ok done that before but thought it wil not work with emby went with 10bit so set it up to 12 bit now is there a post on here somwhere to find handy tips like you given me now 

12 hours ago, Gofran said:

Ok done that before but thought it wil not work with emby went with 10bit so set it up to 12 bit now is there a post on here somwhere to find handy tips like you given me now 

Hi there, have you tried everything mentioned in this topic?

sooty234

Luke, he's got it configured as post #1

He's using a sound card outputting via optical to a DAC. So he needed to encode everything to AC3, so the DAC and cable can use it. He had the correct option in the mpv.conf, but needed to reboot/reinitialize his hardware for it to work correctly with his DAC.