win 10 emby theater stereo ac3 not 5.1

Gofran
Go to solution Solved by sooty234,

Hello

all i just subscribed for premuim month and want to first try out before i go all the way

i have an issue with playing vidoe from embytheater that is shows ac3 stereo instead of 5.1 see i checked stati for nerds when i used kodi emby it worked fine played dd 

i have checked the boxes ac3 what can i do more 

step by step would be much apreciated iam an first timer for theather

emby.jpg

emby2.jpg

i am sorry if this was asked a lot times the only thing i found out that i could download mpv file nut dont know where to put it to try it out

so ihave found where to place downloaded mpv file but it still show stereo 

i think its now dolby because there is an delay on audio on mine device when switching to spdif

and please how can i auto switch hdr windows 10 i realy am a beginner in this stuff i read every about mpv

and i have only now added a mpv file af=lavcac3enc=yes:384:3 

and dont know if it works or not and what setting to use for hdr

sooty234

It's EAC3 not AC3. Select EAC3 in theater as well as AC3, if you're using HDMI and your AVR or TV supports EAC3 (DD+).

Hello so i have switched to eac3 for testing before also And same issue beven checked a vidoe that supports ac3 with and still same issue 

sooty234

I also need to ask if you're actually hearing the sound in stereo? Because what the stats for nerds reports is just what mpv is reporting. And for audio like that, with the way they handle audio passthrough, it will always say stereo when it actually is the full six channels. I have discussed this with the developers and it's because of the way they have to code it. (I tried to get them to change it)

Example:

1505923756_Annotation2020-08-10183521.jpg.c8956c05cd78996d14e0e3c71263596f.jpg1506005874_Annotation2020-08-10183342.jpg.4765ca9066b91018daf0541df0bd3cfa.jpg

Stats.jpg.4320dfcbacf6353440db89e2e4acc616.jpg

If you're actually hearing stereo, then that is different.

sooty234
4 minutes ago, Gofran said:

1080ti

Soundblaster ae9 spidf

Astro mixamp spidf audio emby

This works with kodi and vlc 

So you're using an optical cable?

Yes iam when i look at audio setting i see it moves that should not happen when you listen to surround sound that means its on stereo 

On kodi when watching the same file audio setting wont move because it switched to surround 

Edited by Gofran

sooty234

I'm not clearly understanding you. Let's simplify.

Using an optical cable?  yes / no

Hearing stereo or 6 channels?  yes / no

You should be using HDMI instead of optical. The other players you're testing with are probably re-sampling. If that's what you want to do, then we can do that. But I need to clearly understand, first.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, sooty234 said:

I'm not clearly understanding you. Let's simplify.

Using an optical cable?  yes / no

Hearing stereo or 6 channels?  yes / no

You should be using HDMI instead of optical. The other players you're testing with are probably re-sampling. If that's what you want to do, then we can do that. But I need to clearly understand, first.

i am sorry 

so to answer 

1 yes

2 stereo

sooty234

The encoder doesn't do any mixing. Changing that won't make a difference. Don't get ahead of yourself, I will help you. 

sooty234

Let's start from the beginning.

Show me a screenshot of where your mpv.conf is, and post the contents of the mpv.conf

sooty234

Put this in your mpv.conf. It will make a log in the folder where the video is. Play for a few seconds. Attach the log here.

log-file=theater test.txt