No passthrough digital audio with direct optical connection

Tolerant

@Tolerant, another user had this same issue with a current model Tizen TV.  The issue is that the bluetooth unit doesn't have a compatible HD decoder, so the TV output must be set to PCM while a file is playing without audio.  I expect that this same solution should work for you

See this post

• 1 month later...
Cableguy4
On 8/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, Tolerant said:

Sure happy to try.. I have been using a SAMSUNG TV .. for a few years with the EMBY APP. Aside from  having to mark 20-30 items as "FAVS" just to see them without freezing out the TV/App.. I recently purchased a "blue tooth" broadcasting device.  It uses the Optical Cable from my TV .. and makes it "bluetooth".

This has worked well for the WDTV Live Streaming Box.. that uses the TV..and regular "Cable TV" channels... however.. as soon as I use the "SMART HUB" and use "EMBY APP" and start playing any TV/Movie .. there is no Audio that reaches the Bluetooth headphones.

I guess my question.. or one of them at least.. is why does this work with the WDTV Streaming box.. years old..   .. or just Samsung .. TV channels over cable.. but NOT the "EMBY APP"?!

The only reason I paid for bluetooth to use the optical output .. and a "legit" pair of bluetooth earphones.. is for Emby..    Does it somehow NOT suppport Optical output?! Is there some setting I am missing??

Not sure if you ever got it to work or not but I was having the same trouble. Open emby on your Samsung TV go in to your settings, sound, expert settings, change digital output audio to PCM. Hope this helps

• Like 2