Giving up too many errors [Solved]

dseg30
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

dseg30

Just sent the logs but it seems to happen to a bunch of the stuff w/ subtitles (I collect a lot of asian shows)  

• Exactly what you were doing and what happened.  Include the name of whatever you played if it is a playback problem

I was just starting her private life.  It seems fine on windows 10 but gives up on android tv. Plays like 30 seconds before it stutters and gives up. 

• The time you sent the log (in Eastern Time please - UTC -5)

10:00 pm eastern time Saturday 8/8/2020

• The name of the Emby user on the local server that was logged in at the time

Name of user - Desi

Edited by dseg30
SOLVED

Hi.  In that log it looks like you resumed an item very close to the end and it played to completion.  No subtitles were selected.  The item was named "Livewire".  Did you play something after the problem item?

dseg30
6 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  In that log it looks like you resumed an item very close to the end and it played to completion.  No subtitles were selected.  The item was named "Livewire".  Did you play something after the problem item?

That's weird.  I never played livewire.   Let me try to recreate it and I'll resend it. 

dseg30

Just recreated it with two titles

Her Private Life korean language w/english subtitles

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon korean language w/ english subtitles

Sent 3:37 pm est Sunday 8/9/2020.  

• Solution

Okay, got it that time.  Appears to be a problem with the audio track:

08-09 15:36:20.010 32684 32684 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: Unexpected decode error
08-09 15:36:20.010 32684 32684 I System.out: Playback error - Failed to load video
08-09 15:36:20.013 32684 32684 I System.out: Player error encountered - giving up
08-09 15:36:20.013 32684 32684 I System.out: Next called.

What is the source of the item?  Can you try remuxing it?

dseg30
24 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, got it that time.  Appears to be a problem with the audio track:

08-09 15:36:20.010 32684 32684 I System.out: ***** Got error from Exo player: Unexpected decode error
08-09 15:36:20.010 32684 32684 I System.out: Playback error - Failed to load video
08-09 15:36:20.013 32684 32684 I System.out: Player error encountered - giving up
08-09 15:36:20.013 32684 32684 I System.out: Next called.

What is the source of the item?  Can you try remuxing it?

Are both the same errors?  They're both .mp4 with external SRT files.   If I remux it should I try to digitally burn in the srt to it or do you think that doesn't matter

Sorry for the delay.  Had issues w/ my server.  Anyways - converting fixed it.  THanks.  now I know what to do in the future.  

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
AbnrangerZay

Not to trying to hijack the thread/topic, but I am having the same issue trying to play back anything in my library. If I try playing on my firestick, I get the giving up too many errors. error. On my laptop I get no compatible streams are currently available. All I did recently was fix my port forwarding so that I could access my server remotely. Initially, my ports were 8096, and 8142. I was able to access locally, but not remotely so I changed the ports back to the defaults.

AbnrangerZay

I got it figured it out, seems somehow the permissions to my library got messed up. I fixed the permissions, and all is well now. Thanks