Recorded TV - Roku

2MDevices

2MDevices

When displaying Scheduled Recordings all the display items are one day out.  For example recordings scheduled for today are displayed as Tomorrow.  This only happens when using Roku it does not occur using Android or Windows 10.

Also when using Roku even though  the playback skip forward setting is 30 seconds the video only skips forward 10 seconds.  Again this only happens when using Roku.

Is anyone else affected?

Hi. The beta version of the Roku app should fix your recording schedule.

As for the skip length, this is controlled by the Roku video player. I'm not sure if there are any settings on the device for this.

Perhaps you were talking about something different.  Can you please show an example of the problem you are seeing?

Make sure your time zone is set correctly on the device.

2MDevices

These two images show the problem.  The image of my TV shows the Scheduled Recordings as Tomorrow but the image of my Laptop shows them as Saturday, 8 Aug which is the date both photos were taken.

I hope this explains the issue better for you but if you require any further information please let me know.

Mike

20200808_062014.jpg

20200808_062316.jpg

Hi.  Where are you in the world?

What does the second line say (the one for Aug 9)?

2MDevices

I've just checked and my Roku is showing the correct time and the time zone is set correctly to UK (GMT / British Summer Time)

The dates shown in the on screen programme guide are also correct.  It's only the scheduled recordings that show a day in advance.

pwhodges

My Roku is showing similar in the schedule.  This evening's recordings are under a heading saying "Tomorrow", and tomorrow's "A Suitable Boy" is saying Monday.

The timezone (and time) are correctly shown, on the automatic setting, but I can't find anywhere which says what date the Roku thinks it is.

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

• 3 weeks later...
mark-in-dallas

I just purchased a Roku Premiere to see if the Emby Client for Roku would overcome the isues with skip functionality in the LG Emby App, and have the same issue with scheduled recordings, except in my case shows that are set to record tonight and tomorrow show that they are scheduled to record on Wednesday Sep. 2.  I have also attached images of the Scheduled Recordings tab in the Roku App and in a Chrome Browser.

Emby-Roku.jpg

Emby Browser.png

Americas-Book.png

Dateline.png

Edited by mark-in-dallas

@mark-in-dallas Thanks for the report. I have added this to our internal issue tracker so we won't lose track of this. We will see what we can do about this. Stay tuned. ;)

Reference: Issue #916: [Live TV] Schedule is not showing correct dates

• Like 1