Unable to connect to server via cloudflare

Bountyhunter

MRobi

It looks like the cloudflare server is not able to connect to your jail.

A few questions for where I would start with this:

1) Do you have the correct external IP address in your cloudflare a-name record?

2) What are you using to keep that IP address updated? Does your router support cloudflare? Personally I use DNS-O-Matic to keep my cloudflare a records pointed to the correct IP since ubiquiti doesn't directly support cloudflare.

3) What do your router's port forwarding rules look like?

Bountyhunter

1) Yes

2) I was going to update those manually. only set up my domain the other day.

3) port forwarding looks correct, I followed the guide on portfoward.com

It looks like it's an issue with my internet connection. I connected my laptop to my phone via hotspot, pinged my external IP and it would time out doing that as well.

I will be contactingmy ISP may setting up a static IP.

MRobi

Are you trying to access your external ip while connected to your home network? Most ISP routers won't allow this feature. 

Which external port did you forward to your emby jail?

Your issue is that the cloudflare server can't communicate with the host. Which if your port forwarding is done correctly should be pointed at your Emby jail. So if your Emby jail is running and has access to the internet your issue is with your settings.

If you want to post up a screenshot of your cloudflare a-name record (you can sensor your IP) and your port forwarding rule I can try to guide you in the right direction. It's actually a very easy setup.

Bountyhunter

Yes I am connecting inside my home network. Though I get the same result outside my home network

When I tryed to ping my external IP I was connected to my smartphones mobile data, and was unable to get a response.

Here are images of my settings.

Domain.thumb.PNG.9834cf565a6b4fce930a09bf57f0be2a.PNG

Cloudflare.thumb.PNG.f68b6d97b526aaec21e210b888132154.PNG

309980187_PortForward.PNG.8f8ea960b280b1bbe04f4a1b20b99705.PNG

1799769431_EmbySettings.thumb.PNG.9ae4a91b302ff4061b68ea4acf2219aa.PNG

MRobi

The first thing I see is you've got a duplicated A record and CNAME. 

Your CNAME for www should just be bendt.nz, this is your root directory. So www.bendt.nz or simply bendt.nz.

Your A record looks OK assuming it's pointed to the right external IP address. The A record creates the media.bendt.nz

If these are duplicated it could cause the server not to know where to send the traffic.