Emby Apps for Samsung Can ......

MoreTrash

MoreTrash

Good day to all,

I'm somewhat new to Emby (only been running it for a month or so)

But from my (very brief) experience I've got to say "what a crock of shite"

Ignoring that fact that Emby continually naggs me re: Emby Premier, I find I have to root around installing beta versions of an app to use my "brand new" 2020 Samsung tv.

1 month in and now I have to install the next beta, that by the way still won't connect to the server (Synology NAS) WTF Emby?

I'll install the native PLEX software until Jellyfin becomes native.

I'm all for supporting propriety software, but get your act together before asking for money for shite that doesn't work.

(Don't blame the app developers) they are doing the best with what they have to work with. Going to  develop  software and ask for money? See it through to completion..

Edited by MoreTrash
  • Like 1

Why do you have to run the latest Beta versions of the Samsung App or Server?  Is there some feature you need/want that's only available in beta?

Most people just run the release versions and are quite happy.

FrostByte
10 hours ago, cayars said:

Why do you have to run the latest Beta versions of the Samsung App or Server?  Is there some feature you need/want that's only available in beta?

Most people just run the release versions and are quite happy.

There could be several reasons as far as the TV and every model seems to be tested differently by Samsung so some models are on different versions in the store.  The latest I've seen is that Emby only has a contract with Samsung in 3 countries (Ireland, UK, and USA).  People in other countries really only have 3 choices:

1. Change the region of their TV to Ireland, UK, or USA so they can get it from the store
  2. Disable the region check on their TV and get it from the store
  3. Use the beta download provided here.

The problem with changing your region is that then you can't use localized apps and are stuck with apps only from the current region your TV is set to

Maybe once the OP provides the information asked for in the pinned post someone can help

OK that makes sense about having to side load if not in US/UK/Ireland. I guess I don't get the rest of the post about things not working.

Seems like the OP might be apposed to anything he can't use for free.

• Like 1

nanohits

Talking about switching all my users from Plex to Emby but a lot of them in Australia have Samsung Smart TV's and Emby is not available. ANy ideas on this on when this will happen and why it is taking so long for the app to arrive on Samsung but available on LG?

Hey nanohits, how many users are we talking about running Samsungs?  Got a rough guess?

4 hours ago, nanohits said:

Talking about switching all my users from Plex to Emby but a lot of them in Australia have Samsung Smart TV's and Emby is not available. ANy ideas on this on when this will happen and why it is taking so long for the app to arrive on Samsung but available on LG?

They can install the app now with a USB drive: 

CarlosLima

Some customers have Samsung for years and different models, all installed via USB and zero complaints. The Emby app for Samsung works perfectly well.

• Like 2

nanohits
On 8/13/2020 at 2:48 PM, Luke said:

They can install the app now with a USB drive: 

Had 2 users comments. 

Beta version didn't work for me either. The screen freezes on startup logo.

I think they bought a chromecast,

FrostByte

Can you give us the full model numbers of the 2 users TVs which froze at the startup logo?  Thanks

nanohits
10 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Can you give us the full model numbers of the 2 users TVs which froze at the startup logo?  Thanks

One is UA55NU7100

FrostByte

Did you see the 3 pop up messages in the corner of the TV after inserting the USB stick?  The third one should have said Emby installation complete with a prompt to click OK.

Try:

1. Delete app from TV
  2. Turn off/on TV
  3. Reinsert thumb stick and click OK after installation complete
  4. Add Emby to Home
Edited by FrostByte