Emby Server Regularly Crashes

lexslimx

Hi, so this log is from before the crash and not after, correct?

As a test, can you try removing the statistics plugin, then restart the server and see if it helps? Thanks !

5 hours ago, lexslimx said:

Every once in a while , emby server crashes and I haven't figured out what preceeds the crash, so I'm hoping you can help. 

embyserver.txt 130.14 kB · 1 download

Since this is on Windows, you should be able to check the Windows Event Log and it should have an entry for an application crash so if Emby did crash there will be a listing there.

Can you check and post what you see (including the detailed tab).

Thanks

lexslimx

@cayars There is no record of an emby failure in the event log. Whenever it happen the tray icon remains visible and I can use it to restart the server.

lexslimx
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, so this log is from before the crash and not after, correct?

As a test, can you try removing the statistics plugin, then restart the server and see if it helps? Thanks !

The log is from after the crash before I restarted the server. I have uninstalled the statistics plugin and will update if it happens again.

• 2 weeks later...
lexslimx

@Luke I think I found the cause,  whenever my router crashes, all devices loose IP connectivity for at least a minute. Yesterday it happened while watching something from the media server and when connectivity was restored, I could no longer connect to the server. The tray icon remained and I could restart it but I couldn't connect even from localhost.

Checking he logs, it looks like once the network connection was restored, the server could no longer bind to the port (configured as 80). If you look at my attached log file, you'll notice the error "Error PortMapper: Error creating port map" at the end of the file.

Thanks for all the help. I'll be replacing my router soon.

@lexslimx you might want to hard code your IPs or make sure DHCP on the router is set to hand out the same IP to a device every time.

There are a few errors being shown in your logs.  First if you have manually configured port forwarding you can remote the plug in Port Mapper.

There are errors showing trying to communicate with mb3admin.com which are Emby servers used for validation and authorization of Premiere services.  If you have manually blocked this site you need to stop blocking it.

You have a couple other weird entries in your log file.

Are you running a VPN or Proxy server?

lexslimx

I don't have a proxy or VPN configured. I'm going to try uninstalling the port mapper plugin and see if that helps.

That's a start.  Do you have any firwall or security software stopping you from reaching mb3admin.com?