User Restrictions Not Being Honored

Sammy

Did you logout and back in again after removing the Live TV access from adavis?

Sammy

This restriction has been in place since the account was set up two years ago so the server has been restarted and logged in / out numerous times since.

Sammy
12 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you tried flipping it?  Turn off then back on again?

The device? I'll have my wife call her friend but now it will look like we're being cheap as they don't know the resources on my end to provide LiveTV to them.

Sorry I meant the option in Emby Server.  Disable then Enable.  Shouldn't need to do that but just curious if it makes a difference.

21 minutes ago, Sammy said:

The device? I'll have my wife call her friend but now it will look like we're being cheap as they don't know the resources on my end to provide LiveTV to them.

Nah, you were just "testing" a new feature of the server to see if you like it or not.  LOL

• Haha 1

Sammy, any chance I can TV in and take a look?  Send me credentials if possible via PM.

• Thanks 1

Sammy

This has potentially been narrowed down to iOS clients as it doesn't occur in a browser in Windows.

The server shouldn't be serving the content to any client if the user doesn't have proper access.

19 hours ago, Sammy said:

This has potentially been narrowed down to iOS clients as it doesn't occur in a browser in Windows.

How? it says tvOS right in the screenshot.

I think he meant "apple" but thus far it's only been seen on tvOS.

Sammy
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

How? it says tvOS right in the screenshot.

By logging into the adavis account from a Windows PC in a browser it does not show LiveTV as an option in the home screen. In an iOS or tvOS device it does.

• Thanks 1

Sammy, any other apple users on your system you could have do the same test?

Might also want to create a "test" account and let adavis try logging into that as well (if up for it) to see if it's a profile/device or problem specific to a single user.