Extras being added to library as individual movies

JBEmby

JBEmby

Hey all,

I just did a hardware upgrade on my media server and ran into a bit of a snag. For some odd reason, Emby is adding extras for all my movies as their own titles in the library. Not sure why as I have followed the proper folder structure and this was working fine for several years up until I re-added my library folders. I've followed advice someone else posted on another thread and put just the movie in the library folder, scanned the library, then added my extras folder (after deleting the associated .nfo files, of course) but it seems the software is insistent on not cooperating, and my library looks like this after several hours of wracking my brains:

image.thumb.png.5cbf3e50bddcce595b77d3c668c9d343.png

For the moment I'm just trying to make one movie work before copying all 800 of them back in. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something simple here. In case you ask, I'm running server version 4.4.3.0 on Linux Mint 19.3.

Thanks in advance.

JBEmby

For this one it's

\Movies\2001; A Space Odyssey (1969)\

\Movies\2001; A Space Odyssey (1969)\2001; A Space Odyssey (1969)-1080p.mkv

\Movies\2001; A Space Odyssey (1969)\Featurettes\Vision of a Future Passed.mkv

\Movies\2001; A Space Odyssey (1969)\Featurettes\2001; A Space Odyssey - Criterion "Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick; The Legacy of 2001.mkv

etc.

Pretty bog-standard stuff. My entire library is organized in this manner (I have some movies with a Deleted Scenes, Behind the Scenes, etc folder as well) and it worked as expected until I moved my drives over to the new machine. The old one was also running the same release of Emby Server, for reference.

Happy2Play

Not positive but with Linux being case sensitive have you tried lower case "featurettes"?

I know testing what you provided above works on Windows without issue on 4.4.3.0.

JBEmby

ACK! Think I figured it out. Apparently I forgot to set the mount options for my media drives (both of which are formatted as NTFS). I set them to mount on start-up and it automagically started working as expected again.

• 3 months later...
miniliQuid

Running into this same issue all of a sudden (even though I already had extras, and putting them in the extras folders inside the movie folder never created issues before) :(
Added some fresh ones and even though they are in the extras or featurettes folder, they still show up as seperate movies (and emby tries to match metadata to it from other movies of course) :(

19 hours ago, miniliQuid said:

Running into this same issue all of a sudden (even though I already had extras, and putting them in the extras folders inside the movie folder never created issues before) :(
Added some fresh ones and even though they are in the extras or featurettes folder, they still show up as seperate movies (and emby tries to match metadata to it from other movies of course) :(

Probably not using a supported naming convention. We'd have to look at an example. 

miniliQuid
Movies (folder) -> moviename (folder) -> moviename (file) & extras (folder) -> extras (files)

As far as I know that should follow how the wiki states (or stated) it.
Or do the files need specific names as well?

Happy2Play
29 minutes ago, miniliQuid said:

Movies (folder) -> moviename (folder) -> moviename (file) & extras (folder) -> extras (files)

As far as I know that should follow how the wiki states (or stated) it.
Or do the files need specific names as well?

How old is the install and library?  Can you go over a specific example showing folder structure and content.

But I have no issue with exactly what you provided here per the wiki.

miniliQuid
17 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

How old is the install and library?  Can you go over a specific example showing folder structure and content.

But I have no issue with exactly what you provided here per the wiki.

Well the library is old (as old as I use emby, or older), but the files are new, which is why I suddenly noticed the issue.

Edit: forgetting the picture, this what you meant? :D

structure.jpg

Edited by miniliQuid

Happy2Play
19 minutes ago, miniliQuid said:

Well the library is old (as old as I use emby, or older), but the files are new, which is why I suddenly noticed the issue.

Edit: forgetting the picture, this what you meant? :D

structure.jpg

If you creates a new library folder and new library with that path and moved the move 300 into that new folder do you get the same results?

But I can not reproduce with specific info provided.

miniliQuid

Well strangely enough, after redoing all my libraries, or actually just removing all folders, then restoring the folders solved this problem.
The files didn't change, but for some reason everything was now identified properly I guess.

Had a failing disk, so I had to remove it, build a new pool and put all items back from the back-up, and after doing that it was solved...

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, kidnappervan said:

I have the same issue. embyserver.txtRemoving and re-adding folders did not help. 

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example? How are your files named and organized?