DVR - Recordings Folder Issue

thekingswolf

thekingswolf

Greetings.  Recently noticed that recording Live TV was no longer functioning.  I changed the file path from a network name to a mapped drive name, and it started working again, same folder as before just different path.  

However.

Now I have 2 recording folders on the home screen.  One has a random file in it that cannot be deleted, and the other contains all the new recordings.  As the admin, I am the only account who can see both folders.  All users who have access to this feature can only see the now useless original folder.  

I have reset the DVR path to blank and saved, manually deleted all folders, rebooted server.

This results in the loss of the functioning folder, but the now useless original folder remains and can't be removed.  Thoughts?

Edited by thekingswolf

I would think you would set the recording path to be where ever you want it to be.  Then if you had other recording locations you would manually move everything to the new location.

Then you would go to the Recording library and also remove the old location and put the new location there as well.

thekingswolf

There are 2 folders.   All users can only see the broken folder, I cannot delete the broken folder.  The broken folder contains a single item that does not exist.

dvr1.PNG

Edited by thekingswolf

If you want to install TeamViewer I'd be happy to remote in and try to give you a hand trying to fix this up.  Send me a PM if interested.

Otherwise we can try and help through the forum.  Have you tried to first remove the single item then the library?

thekingswolf

I apologize if i am not being clear, but as i stated in my original post the single file in the broken folder can't be deleted, i get a permissions error.  The file does not exist at the indicated file path so there is nothing to delete, which i think is the problem.  if I can't figure it out i'll take you up on your teamviewer offer.

• Like 1

pwhodges

A chkdsk might fix the file problem - worth a try, anyway.

Can you see the file you say you can't delete?  If so, try taking ownership of it or of the containing folder - that might enable more access to changing the permissions.

When files get screwed like that it can be a right pain to deal with!

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
thekingswolf

i'm not sure what happened but I was finally able to remove the library and now it's working fine.  Thanks all!

• Like 1