Music folder will not open in Media Centre

jhs39

jhs39

I cannot access my music library in Media Centre.  When I click on my media folder for music I get the error message Problem Loading Collection.  The folders for movies and television programs open fine--but no music.    

jhs39

Music plays fine in Media Browser.  Maybe you could at the very least incorporate the grid interface into the official channel so it isn't such a chore to use if you have a large media collection.   

psykix

My music all plays fine in MediaCentre.

I'm not sure what you mean by music folders - mine all show up with album art and I can select and play them just fine.

Maybe a screenshot would help us understand a bit better what the issue is.

jhs39

I have a media folder for music.  It's a folder called music and all of my artist folders are inside.  Inside the artist folders are my album folders.  The music folder will not open in Media Centre.  Every time I try to open the music folder I get an error message saying that my collection cannot be accessed.  I also have TV and movie media folders.  Those open without any problem in Media Centre.  My music folder opens fine in the Beta Roku channel and the Official Roku channel.  It does not open in the Media Centre Roku channel.  Do you want a screen-shot of my television screen?  I'm not sure how to do that.    

psykix

Do you have the folder added on the server as media type music?

Are they not just listed as music on the Roku?

@@im85288 may be able to help a little more than I can!

Edited by psykix

jhs39

Yes, it is listed as media type music.  I have media folders for music, adult movies, movies & television.  My media folders are on the first row because that's how I like to access my content.  In Media Centre three of the four media folders work fine but I cannot open the music folder.  If I skip my media folders and access music through the collection shortcut I can play albums fine.  As I stated previously my media folder for music works perfectly in Beta Roku Chanel and Official Roku Channel.  The only place it doesn't work is Media Centre.  I can't really think of any settings that I could change that would possibly allow the folder to open--music doesn't have a large number of options like movies and TV do.  I believe this problem started after the latest official server update.        

im85288

It's not something I am aware off but will try it and see if I have the same problem.

psykix

I just tested on mine, and I can play music through the music categories, and also through the media folders so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the Roku channel.

jhs39

I uninstalled Media Centre and installed Media Centre Lite.  I could access my music folder without any problem.  I then upgraded the channel to Media Center.  It can't open the music folder again.  Since my music folder can be accessed by Media Centre Lite, Roku Beta and Roku Official channels and I only get the error message in Media Centre it seems to me like there is a problem with Media Centre. 

jhs39

I'm up to Media Centre 2.9 and I still get the following error message every time I try to open my Music Folder--There was a problem while attempting to get the collection list from server.  Please make sure your server is running and try again.

The media folders for Movies, Adult Movies and TV all open immediately.  The only media folder that will not open is music.

The music media folder opens on every Roku variant of the Media Browser channel (Media Centre Lite; Roku Official, Roku Beta) except for Media Centre.

I have had this problem since the last official server release (3.0.5309.26857).  

Server log: http://paste2.org/mZ38YI8d

hoxtonia

My music folder within media folders now opens in MB Media Centre following the latest server update...I was previously experiencing the same issue as jhs39

im85288

My music folder within media folders now opens in MB Media Centre following the latest server update...I was previously experiencing the same issue as jhs39

Excellent news, thanks for reporting it.

jhs39

My music folders now open in Media Center as well.  However, there's a new problem.  A large number of my artist folders were turned into album folders.  The album folders shows up in Media Centre in place of the artist folders, which are now gone. The album folders cannot be opened.  I spent hours trying to fix the screwed up folders.  First I tried to remove the bad metadata files (album metadata files were added to my artist folders) and then I did a rescan but that did nothing at all.  I then tried removing all of the XML files for album and artist and did a scan but Media Browser didn't add any new tags.  I then tried removing the artist folder completely, doing a scan and verifying that the artist was gone, removing all XML tags for artist and album, placing the artist folder back in the media folder and doing a scan.  The end result was the album that showed up in place of the artist previously is the only album that shows up in Media Browser and all of the tracks from the other albums show up as if they were part of that one album.  For instance I have a Wire artist folder that shows one album, PInk Flag, and that album has 135 tracks.  The folder actually has 7 albums but the only one that shows up is Pink Flag and the tracks for all 7 albums are under Pink Flag.  A lot of my music is completely screwed up now.  Does anybody know how to fix this?  

hoxtonia

jhs39 MB Media Center is only the client - you would get more support posting in the server section as this is not a roku issue....

Edited by hoxtonia
  • Like 1