Not play Videos in Android Mobile (TVBOX) with Android Server (in the same TVBOX) but work in Chrome

Ramon92

Ramon92

Hi, Sry for me English.

I Install Android Server (com.emby.embyserver_4.4.3.0.apk) in me TVBOX (Android) 4GB RAM 64GB Android 9,0 Amlogic S905X3 Quad Core 2,4G  with APP Android Mobile Emby last version.

And its work if i play in me Phone, PC but if i tried use in the same TVBOX with Android Mobile emby (Last Version) he is loading but never load. but if i open in the same tvbox Chrome Page i can play video fast.

Now i use the Chrome page to see videos but i want use App Android Mobile in the same TVBOX because its more easy to use for me Dad (with problem with mobity)

TVBOX with APP android Mobile + Server Android (No load)

photo_2020-08-04_19-39-28.thumb.jpg.e2285ab631d1b2448f921c11238b2a76.jpg

photo_2020-08-04_19-39-44.thumb.jpg.61d7775f399343b2b660459cc08495e7.jpg

TVBOX with Chrome Page EMBY + Server Android (load)

photo_2020-08-04_19-39-48.thumb.jpg.bf96745759ddf843df64fa0e49687616.jpg

I dont know if its usefull the LOG server because he dont crash, he only dont end LOADING.

If u need more Information tell me.

Server LOG 

-

embyserver.txt
hardware_detection-63732247726.txt

Server LOG with 2 Hours waiting 1 Video ( name: 6 Balas)

embyserver (1).txt

TY.

Edited by Ramon92

Ramon92
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Going to need logs.

Edit.
Sry that was me bad.

I think the problem is in some incompatibility of the Android Mobile Application and the Android Server on the same TVBOX. Since as I have previously commented if I open a Chrome page (app.emby.media) if it works. and if the server I put it in my PCs it works to the Emby Android Mobile APP of the TVBOX.

Or am I an idiot and I've made a very silly mistake that I don't see.

Ramon92
2 hours ago, cayars said:

A Dev is going to have to take a look at this.

Ty!

I have tried everything possible to find out why this problem occurs, but I cannot find it.

Another thing I can say is that if I connect this TVBOX (Android Mobile Emby APP) with my PC's server it works. I think it is some permission problem or something similar when you try to connect to the Android Server of the same TVBOX.

For now, the only thing I have been able to do is that instead of using the Android Mobile Emby APP, I use the Chrome browser as a player and it works great, but as I said before, if the APP could be used it would be much better for my father (with problems mobility).

Thanks for the answer, not that it is very important. Maybe it's a problem with my TVBOX and not with the Emby Android mobile APP or Emby Server Android. because I have not seen people report this problem in addition to that I can change the server on my PC. (with the little problem that it needs to be turned on to work, hahahaha)

clarkss12

I have installed the server onto several of my boxes including one like you have, but it struggles to use the Emby app AND the server on the same device.   It will play some files, but others, not so much.  I am still doing some testing to see why they don't play.  Right now, am running the sever and player on an Amlogic S922X-H machine, not much more powerful than your Amlogic S905X3 box.

• Like 1

@Ramon92 can you please try updating to the latest version of the Chrome app as well as the android system webview app, then let us know if this helps? Thanks.

Ramon92
12 hours ago, Luke said:

@Ramon92 can you please try updating to the latest version of the Chrome app as well as the android system webview app, then let us know if this helps? Thanks.

Yes, I did tests with the Google Play Store APP (today) and with the website APP (ARMv7). arm7

And I always have the same result. The app works if the server is on my PC, but if it is on the same TVBOX it never loads the videos.

But if I don't use the APP and I use the WEBsite from Chrome (APP.emby.media) it works.

I meant he Chrome app as well as the android system webview app. What version of those do you have?

• Like 1

clarkss12

I have been testing an Emby server/client on different hardware devices for quite awhile. 

This particular server/client is running on my Beelink GS-King X which uses the Amlogic S922X-H SoC and has dual hard drive bays.  Your Amlogic S905X3 should work also.  I am using the beta sever version 4.5.0.16 client 1.8.11.

I have added some pics of what it looks like.....  There are a few issues that need to be resolved, but for the most part it works very well as a server/client hardware, especially with the two internal hard drive bays.

I am not sure how to add the pics in order with this new forum app.......

Edit: I am running a modded ATV ROM created by sasvlad.

continue watching.png

dashboard 2.png

Dashboard 3.png

Dashboard.png

Home page.png

Interface.png

server running.png

server selection.png

server version.png

video to be played.png

webpage.png

Edited by clarkss12

Ramon92
1 hour ago, clarkss12 said:

I have been testing an Emby server/client on different hardware devices for quite awhile. 

This particular server/client is running on my Beelink GS-King X which uses the Amlogic S922X-H SoC and has dual hard drive bays.  Your Amlogic S905X3 should work also.  I am using the beta sever version 4.5.0.16 client 1.8.11.

I have added some pics of what it looks like.....  There are a few issues that need to be resolved, but for the most part it works very well as a server/client hardware, especially with the two internal hard drive bays.

I am not sure how to add the pics in order with this new forum app.......

Edit: I am running a modded ATV ROM created by sasvlad.

continue watching.png

dashboard 2.png

Dashboard 3.png

Dashboard.png

Home page.png

Interface.png

server running.png

server selection.png

server version.png

video to be played.png

webpage.png

Uoh! it's amazing.

Can you tell where to find that ATV ROM? 

My TVBOX has a Modified Android mobile as I have read, and I would like to try to use it in case it works with this tvbox.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

I meant he Chrome app as well as the android system webview app. What version of those do you have?

Tomorrow I post which Version of Chrome WEB and APP I am using in case that is the problem.

clarkss12
56 minutes ago, Ramon92 said:

Uoh! it's amazing.

Can you tell where to find that ATV ROM? 

My TVBOX has a Modified Android mobile as I have read, and I would like to try to use it in case it works with this tvbox.

You are fortunate with that particular device, it is very well supported.....

The best ATV ROM for  your device is the one created by Slimhouse.  I am running it on my Amlogic S905X3 box and it is great.  I am guessing that you want to run the Emby server/client using an external hard drive, so this may work for you. 

However, I am still having some minor issues using my Amlogic S922X box running the server/client...  Still trying to find the cause so these Emby devs can solve those issues.........

To be noted, the Nvidia Shield running both the server and client don't seem to have those issues, but I have never really tested it's capability.....  

But, right now, you are trying to get your X96 Air to work, so be prepared to get ulcers........., but it can be done.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=993324&st=0#entry96525499

clarkss12

One of the issues, None of the Amlogic boxes will natively play the Microsoft VC-1 video codec, so they have to be transcoded.  This box cannot transcode fast enough, so the video is unwatchable because it pauses about every 10 seconds.   I think the Emby devs can solve this issue, I will add a thread for that issue......

A of the other videos play perfectly........  The Jumanji video is a 4k video and plays perfectly......

Juanji playing.jpg

VC1 transcoding.jpg

mediajunk

Hi,

I will just add my case to the topic. I hope this is OK.

I have exactly the same problem. All my Android apps are not playing anymore. Connection to the server itself is working fine.
But I can watch anything in google chrome desktop or if I open emby in chrome app on the android device. The Kodi boxes with emby plugin are working fine also.

My emby server version is 4.5.0.16 beta on linux x64 in docker.
Android clients are 3.1.25 from playstore beta program.
Android System WebView is 84.0.4147.125 on both android client devices.

It started yesterday evening. My wife complained she can't watch her shows in the bathtub. I could not reproduce this on my device.
I force stopped the android app, deleted all cache and data files, uninstalled it, opted into the beta program on wifes android phone and reinstalled latest beta from playstore.
But things didn't starting work.

Still my phone was able to stream without issues.

The be able to reproduce the problem, I have done exactly the same with my phone, beside the fact, that I was already on latest playstore beta.
Result: I have the same problem now, I can open the app, connect to the server, see all content, but I'm not able to stream anything.

I attached the log from serverstart until not being able to stream. I expect the playback to start at line 385. The player in the app opens, but only shows a black screen.

embyserver.txt

Hello @mediajunk

Sorry to hear this, but we can certainly try to get to the bottom of this if you're will to help supply data. Got a bunch of questions and don't mean to overdue it in the first response but they're important to understand and should be short answers. :)

Just to clarify, are the playback problem strictly Android?  If not elaborate other client issues at the end of your response.

Any issues in any other clients you have? 

Web app plays them back fine/ok?

How many Android devices have this issue? Just you're wife's?

Are they all Mobile or any Android TV (if multiple devices)?

Did each of these device get the side loaded Android Beta installed or only installation from the Google Play Store?

If the only device having this problem is your wife's phone, here is something you can try.  Login as YOU on her phone and see if you have a problem on her phone.  Also try logging her in on your phone (if working correctly) to see if the problem follows. This can help determine if it's a device or user config problem.

Here is another thing to check (likely in the log) but worth checking/testing.  When connecting from both your phone and wife's phone is it a local or remote connection?  Can you verify the playback attempt on the server as well (local or remote IP).

These questions should help give us more clarity of the problem.  I'll take a look at the log once I've got a better picture of the problem.

If I overdid the questions or your not sure how to answer what you can and then we can do a remote session with you and go over some of these things together while doing a couple of tests to gather the other info.  No worries.

On a humorous note, Emby is only guaranteed to work in the bathroom from the "can", but makes no guarantees of bathtub use.  We're not certified for that yet. LOL (sorry it's late and I couldn't pass up bathroom humor of some kind). 

Thanks,

Carlo

mediajunk

Hi,

thanks for the answer.

Any issues in any other clients you have? 

No, it's really only the android mobile clients which have the problems.
I have 3 Kodi installations in my home with emby plugin. These are streaming fine.
Also if I visit the web UI via browser it's working fine for all devices.

Web app plays them back fine/ok?

Yes

27 minutes ago, cayars said:

How many Android devices have this issue? Just you're wife's?

No, since I reinstalled my android client app, I also have the problem.

28 minutes ago, cayars said:

Are they all Mobile or any Android TV (if multiple devices)?

All mobile. no Android TV.

28 minutes ago, cayars said:

Did each of these device get the side loaded Android Beta installed or only installation from the Google Play Store?

Yes, both android devices are on Playstore beta. Where do I find one newer for sideloading?

29 minutes ago, cayars said:

Here is another thing to check (likely in the log) but worth checking/testing.  When connecting from both your phone and wife's phone is it a local or remote connection?  Can you verify the playback attempt on the server as well (local or remote IP).

Now, this got me some interesting details. Thanks for the hint. My phone had a local connection before the reinsstallation, but also a remote one after reinstallation. Wifes phone had a remote one, but was on the local network. Mine now also.
If I connect to a open wifi of a coffe nearly, I can stream without any issue. Also on mobile connection. So, I think the problem is not the android app, but some of the configuration with remote and local connections. Maybe I have to debug my reverse proxy also.
I think I have something to dig into.

Super great information!

I was worried about asking to many things at one time but from your initial post I thought I'd get away with it. :)

Can we arrange a remote session? I'd like to follow up with a couple of tests on wifi and off wifi, for the Android clients while looking real-time at your logs from the server, but honestly i don't think I'll have a solution for you. T his would help with development and I could try and narrow down the actual issue. 

Is this something you can help us with?

PM me if you want to try a remote session.

Carlo

pdcutler

I have a very similar issue, all device (android or apple) cannot connect properly to server when on wifi. Also my LG TV has stopped working in the same way (but it is hard wired on the LAN)

2 hours ago, pdcutler said:

I have a very similar issue, all device (android or apple) cannot connect properly to server when on wifi. Also my LG TV has stopped working in the same way (but it is hard wired on the LAN)

Hi there @pdcutler , what happens when you try to connect?

mediajunk
On 8/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, cayars said:

PM me if you want to try a remote session.

Hi,

I don't think we need a remote session anymore.
I found the thing what caused the trouble.
We use zerotier on our devices to access some services I don't want to expose in our home network when being not at home.

The difference was, that after reinstallation or update via playstore, all traffic got routed through zerotier.
Before reinstallation, the traffic went direct via local LAN.
Since the zerotier network is not configured as local interface, emby decided to answer with external URL.
Since external URL is not resolvable internally, streaming got stuck.

Solution reinstall while having zerotier disabled.

I expect this to be some kind of android thing and not related to the emby app.

• Like 1