Emby Premiere Status Lost When Community Down

DarWun

DarWun

I tried to access the Emby Community about half an hour ago, and was greeted with a message saying that the site could not be accessed due to a technical issue. I then noticed that Emby had lost Premiere status. As a result, a number of my server settings got reverted back to "non-Premiere" state. Once Community came back on-line, I was able to reenter the Emby Premiere key and restore Premiere status. I had to go through my settings to find ones that had been reverted, not all of which were immediately obvious.

Is loss of Premiere status and functions when the Emby Community is down intended?

neik
40 minutes ago, Sammy said:

When it was down the activation server may have been down at the same time but IDK for sure. 

Even if that was the reason it shouldn't affect their users experience with the product.

I wasn't affected but anyway it's not nice if you want to watch stuff and you can't due to some license check.

Emby caches the license info for some time.  So to have an issue like this with Emby server would seem to indicate your server has already been offline for quite some time and when it tried to check the license failed.

Hi.  Yes, we're sorry about this. Our hosting provider had to do maintenance last night so everything was unavailable for about 30 minutes.  However, as Cayars stated, we do cache Premiere status so that a temporary outage should not be a problem - unless it is a first time validation or the server had been offline for quite a while.

DarWun

No problem. I may have just been a victim of poor timing (and/or User stupidity). My server is usually on 24/7. But yesterday I restarted my NAS a number of times while I was updating another non-Emby package on the NAS. This was right around the time when your hosting provider was doing maintenance. It was after one of the restarts that I noticed the Blue Radiance theme had reverted to default. Initially I thought I had deleted the cookies required to hold the theme setting. But then I noticed that the Emby Premiere logo was missing from the Dashboard. I checked the Premiere settings in Emby to confirm that the key was still entered. It was. Unfortunately I decided to hit the Save option on the Emby Premiere page just to make sure. That was probably a mistake.