Import series/recording schedule from WMC

sward

sward

Windows Media Center (WMC) keeps its recording schedule (i.e. series to record) in XML format in the following directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome\mcepg2-0\backup\recordings. I have attached a sample.

Is there any way to import this information into Emby? This would be EXTREMELY useful for people like me who are migrating away from WMC, as some of those series only air once in a blue moon, so it's very hard to add them. Without an import feature, it could literally take years to rebuild this list of series to record. I know EPG123 has a tool for importing these XML files, but only into WMC.

20200618_075107

Hi, we currently don't have an import from wmc feature.  How many series are you recording?

The problem in general with switching system (not an Emby thing itself) is setting up your series to record.

If the series isn't currently airing you can't find it to add when making the cut over and have to remember to add it later when it's airing again.

sward

@Luke - I have 70+ series. You would just need to import that one XML file. It's apparently compatible with 'Gracenote'.

sward

@cayars - yes, that is precisely the problem. Would be nice to support one of the following:

1) import series from WMC XML file

2) or, add series from existing recordings (even though they may not be airing currently).