Coverart don't appear

sandro_rocha_1982

sandro_rocha_1982

Good Morning. I decided to create a podcast aggregator on my NAS using Emby. However, Emby is not showing the image of the episodes. The mp3 files have the coverart built in. How do I make them appear?

sandro_rocha_1982
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how did you setup the library in emby server?

I pointed to the folder where the podcasts are downloaded and set it as music and left everything to default.

sandro_rocha_1982
13 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how did you setup the library in emby server?

The situation is as follows: each podcast is in a folder, and all of them in a single folder. One of these podcasts has, in the mp3 file of each episode, a cover image related to the subject of the episode. When creating the library, using music, audio books or mixed content, the internal name of the episodes appears but the cover image either does not appear or is the same for all episodes. I've recreated the library several times and the same thing happens.

sandro_rocha_1982
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you zip up a folder of these and provide them for testing? Thanks.

My HDD was a problem. As soon as I recover the files, if possible, I do that.

23 hours ago, sandro_rocha_1982 said:

My HDD was a problem. As soon as I recover the files, if possible, I do that.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks !

Server 4.5.0.16 beta

I unzipped your compressed file and kept the directory and files AS IS without touching them.  So all 4 files ended up in this directory:

C:\Library\Music\emby_td1p

I then created a Music library using defaults and did nothing but add one folder to the library which was this

C:\Library\Music

After scanning the new library I got exactly what I expected except for one error:

podcast.png

Edited by cayars

Podtrash 518 is not showing the correct cover art as it's using the embedded artwork from 483.

pod2.png

Edited by cayars

sandro_rocha_1982
2 hours ago, cayars said:

Podtrash 518 is not showing the correct cover art as it's using the embedded artwork from 483.

pod2.png

That is the problem. If this happened in 4 episodes, imagine 600? 300 episodes have the same cover.

• 5 weeks later...
sandro_rocha_1982
28 minutes ago, cayars said:

@Luke Have you taken a look at this yet where it's getting meta data from the wrong file?

I dont know. This podcast in particular has the correct metadata in every episode, so I don't know why Emby isn't getting the right information. I've tried to create the library using music, audio books, series and mixed content. The same problem.

Happy2Play

Looking at these mp3's to me it is common metadata linking related even though each track has its own image.  Modifying AlbumArtist starts changing track image in Emby.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Ok, @cayars can jump on with you and do a little deeper investigation. Thanks.

No need @Luke some of the pictures above are mine as I can reproduce the issue from the content he supplied for testing.

• 2 weeks later...