Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

aaronsomek

Hiya,

So I previously used AutoOrganize exclusively to organise my new media but stopped recently because of two reasons:

Firstly the amount of false-matches it was encountering meant I was constantly having to micromanage my files and rename files/folders (particularly annoying when it matches the wrong TV Series and renames 50 episodes).

Secondly with a new NAS and more storage I started adding 4K versions of my films along with the 1080p copies I already had. I use Emby's naming convention of adding a hyphen into the filename to indicate a different version while being able to keep them organised in the same folder (ie: Prometheus (2012) - 1080p.mkv, Prometheus (2012) - 2160p.mkv) however AutoOrganize doesn't have the ability to write the movie resolution (or version: Director's Cut, Extended Edition etc) into the file name.

So... I'm forced to use a 3rd party solution. I use tinyMediaManager which is free (and open source java/swing) and works amazingly, but I'm surprised that Emby doesn't have a more fully-featured media organiser built in. It seems to me that it's an integral part of any media browser to be able to actually organise the media comprehensively.

I would love to see AutoOrganize get some love such as a window to confirm the scrape data matches the actual movie, and expand the file naming patterns to include options like resolution and movie version. I'd rather stay inside the Emby ecosystem rather than be forced to use a 3rd party solution for something that is so fundamental to the core functionality.

Edited by aaronsomek
  • Agree 1

aaronsomek

Identified the show House M.D. (2004) as The Big House (2004).

That's the only one I can recall as I stopped using it a while back, but there were many more.

Getumzz

The plugin works for me pretty ok when it comes to shows. But well I know the movie part is a beta and needs some love.
It worked really good till about 2-3 months ago when I started to get false match on movies.

All Star Wars movies get some strange match to some move made cut or something like that.
Would love to see some more work on the plug in cause it helps so much not having to deal with copying and renaming movies.

• Like 1

daedalus

sticking to a 3rd party solution saves you so much worries on this topic

this plugin user interface is full of bugs for years, halted in development, abandonned by multiple community volunteer "developers" and up till now no one showed a single spark in doing a proper implementation.

however, the metadata matching is handled by the core server and this is constantly improved with each new release.

30 minutes ago, daedalus said:

sticking to a 3rd party solution saves you so much worries on this topic

this plugin user interface is full of bugs for years, halted in development, abandonned by multiple community volunteer "developers" and up till now no one showed a single spark in doing a proper implementation.

however, the metadata matching is handled by the core server and this is constantly improved with each new release.

The plugin user interface is a community contribution and contributors are welcome:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.AutoOrganize

However, the basic matching is handled by the core server so I'm very much interested in looking at specific examples to see what improvements can be made.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Luke I can't find the Thread now but a couple of months ago i asked about a fix for a permissions issue i'm getting and was told we might be able to get the ability for this addon to run a script.

Any update?

the script is 1 line and would save me so much hassle

( pointless back story  vvvv )

(((((I have a corrupted file stopping me from globally fixing permissions on a schedule witch has been my workaround up until now.

I now have to move 6tb of data  and wipe a drive before moving it back or have a permissions nightmare (or take the whole array off-line and fix the drive but I'm not doing that).

with the script feature i could have delayed working on this until it was convenient.)))))

7 minutes ago, Mdrodge said:

@Luke I can't find the Thread now but a couple of months ago i asked about a fix for a permissions issue i'm getting and was told we might be able to get the ability for this addon to run a script.

Any update?

the script is 1 line and would save me so much hassle

( pointless back story  vvvv )

(((((I have a corrupted file stopping me from globally fixing permissions on a schedule witch has been my workaround up until now.

I now have to move 6tb of data  and wipe a drive before moving it back or have a permissions nightmare (or take the whole array off-line and fix the drive but I'm not doing that).

with the script feature i could have delayed working on this until it was convenient.)))))

update..... (Permissions issue)

Files and folders crated by Emby in unraid have incorrect permissions

I've made a holing pen were files got moved to and there permission fixed (once a minute before Emby can put them away but this has brought to my attention that the folder it makes and any images it add also have the incorrect permissions.

The folders can't be accessed until the permissions are fixed so i don't know how to show you anything other that the incorrect permissions error.

Again I've worked around this to a degree by storing all new files in the cache that is subject to the same permissions script once a minute but this is a very ugly workaround and not every file go's to the cache drive so i have layers of scripts set at different time intervals this is causing some major headaches and the excessive array pings have caused some instability when parity is being checked.

Please can i have a fix or a timeline to a fix soon.

Thanks

Hi, you likely need to set the parent permissions and make sure the permissions are inheritable.

On 12/11/2020 at 01:41, cayars said:

Hi, you likely need to set the parent permissions and make sure the permissions are inheritable.

I'm not quite sure i follow.

Emby makes a folder then downloads the thumbnail files and set's there permission incorrectly, how am i involved?

Auto Organise is able to make folders i don't have permission to access.

Instead of user/group nobody they are set to user/group 3006

Could you give an explanation, i have no idea what i can do about it.

((( I think the Unraid Docker Container for Emby would need to have a different User/Group, even if i find a way to change that it's still incorrect by default )))

(((( or i could be completely wrong ))))

My current fix is to run a script to chown etc, that's what your saying i believe isn't it.

The UID and GID are set to 2 and every other Docker Container uses 99 & 100.

Can i just change them?

Why are they 2 in the first place?

I see no umask setting?

Or have i misunderstood???

Edited by Mdrodge

The Binhex version has a umask and it uses UID & GID of 99 & 100

Every other app available for unraid as far as i can tell has a default of 99 & 100

your default is 2.... Why??????

Update. I've set mine to 99 & 100 and it still plays video so I'll see how it goes.

I have no idea what a GIDLIST is though so at the moment it's still set to 2

Edited by Mdrodge

No worries  :)

Could you tell me what GIDLIST is / does please?

i can't find any information on this setting.

Apart from this I love Emby and it's an essential part of my system.

Edited by Mdrodge

• 8 months later...
chef

The ability to manage Multi-versions has been added to the plugin my pull request.

It will sort based on: 2160p, 1080p, 720p, 480p

Also, if the item in the activity log is a possible duplicate of an item in the library it won't copy the file but instead mark it as "File existing". Unless you have "Overwrite Existing files" checked. Then it will move the file automatically.

You can check out the pre release DLL in this thread:

Edited by chef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You're doing some great work @chef.

I just did some testing with and it seems like you've fixed some issues. :)

I wish I could use this plugin myself but I have fine control over what drive stuff goes on based on what letter the movie or series start with making this a no go.

• Thanks 1

chef
19 minutes ago, cayars said:

You're doing some great work @chef.

I just did some testing with and it seems like you've fixed some issues. :)

I wish I could use this plugin myself but I have fine control over what drive stuff goes on based on what letter the movie or series start with making this a no go.

Oh that sounds interesting. 

So you are using the advanced folder structure mentioned in the Emby wiki?

I like to keep my files stored together so for example my drive D might hold Movies starting with number or A, the next drive B & C, etc..  Then on top of this I have 4K and 3D movies in yet other locations.

Then with TV Shows I have things organized by if the show is still running or ended and if I have all episodes or not.

Probably way to complex for most people but fits the way I manage things quite well.

• Like 1

chef
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I like to keep my files stored together so for example my drive D might hold Movies starting with number or A, the next drive B & C, etc..  Then on top of this I have 4K and 3D movies in yet other locations.

Then with TV Shows I have things organized by if the show is still running or ended and if I have all episodes or not.

Probably way to complex for most people but fits the way I manage things quite well.

Actually, I do the same thing for ended series too. That way I know the drive is full and there won't be write errors for new media.

From what I can tell, there seems to be quite a few users who split up media by resolutions (libraries containing movies, but only 4k, and the same for HD, etc) .  Makes me think perhaps there could be something added to follow that organization style. But, I'll wait to see if anything comes up in feature requests before messing with the target path of the plugin. 

chef

This thread has a good name, so I think I'll post my changes here. Hijacked...

Unfortunately I haven't seen code in this plugin which handles folder permissions when the folders are created on a users system. SO I can't say for certain I would be able to help Mdrodge.

I can show some of the changes I recently made in the plugin though.

1. The Activity Log has changed a bit. It is a little more intuitive to show what the plugin is doing with the files.

The plugin now has five states the file can be in:

Waiting (if the file is being used by another process).

Existing (if the file has been found to already exist in the library)

Processing

Failure/Unidentified (Could be a movie if movie organizer is not enabled, or we just couldn't figure out what the file was, and it needs to be identified)

Complete

neworganize5.thumb.png.ddcde4fee767e001e0b24cae3b2c897e.png

2. Settings pages have been organized. I find them to be a bit more friendly.

neworganize6.thumb.png.b5d075c7435b3fc380f49bc5d3d3b089.png

3. Smart match pages have been change to collapse the list, and fit more items on the page at once

neworganize8.thumb.png.41e55c94a1a057855ce94bedcff849c1.png

4. Resolutions have been added to Movie naming, and a link to the Emby Wiki on Movie naming has been added to the UI, so we can direct users to the proper FAQ.

neworganize9.png.c4b6445f203b65e60af11dd024d48592.png

Edited by chef
  • Like 4