Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

chef
2 hours ago, jglazer63 said:

Auto Organize does nothing for me.  I thought I found a great solution and it seems like others think so. I must have done something wrong.  I tested it by creating a new TV2 folder and dropping a new series folder in there and then a SEASON 4 folder for that.  Auto Organizer doesn't do anything with the files at all.  Doesn't even seem to see it even though I have it watching the TV2 folder.  Am I doing something wrong?

Hi,

Did you try this over here at all

let me know 😀

You would have to remove the fileorganizer.db to run that if you haven't installed that version before 

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 20:30, chef said:

Hi,

Did you try this over here at all

let me know 😀

You would have to remove the fileorganizer.db to run that if you haven't installed that version before 

how may I get the newest version? I got 1.6.2.5. 

From the thread itself since I believe it's in testing with anyone who wants to use it and help test.

Dizzy49

Been away a while and looping back to update some things...

I have been using Auto Organize for many years now.  I switched from Plex originally because it was mismatching nearly half my catalog of over 1200 movies at the time.

For TV Show it is pretty good.  What I have found is that if you give the folder the name AND year AND put a "Season 1" folder in it, then it will work 95%+
On occasion I need to help it if I have "Simpsons, The (1989)" or something.  I have it save the match and I'm good to go.
The only real issues I have had with TV Shows are with shows that they have redone.  Amazing Stories for instance.  When I got the 2020 version it overwrote the episodes in the 1985 version, even though the file was something like "Amazing.Stories.2020.S01E01.mkv"
The other issue I run into is getting a "null" error.  It seems like it hasn't fully figured out what the folder is, so when I try to match it manually I get that "null" error.  If I wait a while, it will usually pick it up.

I have a ton of Anime, and I've had a lot of issues with that, particularly "null" errors that don't resolve.  I think I'm in a minority with the anime though, I've given notes on it several times years ago, I'm not holding my breath that it will ever change.

For movies, I use Media Center Master and run everything through it.  I have a "New Movies" folder, and I'll put stuff there, and once a week I run MCM on it.  It detects the movies quite accurately, and if it can't, then it asks for help (doesn't assume).  It will also generate a nfo file, and I have it rename the folder and files into the Emby format.  I think Emby has mismatched a movie MAYBE 1 in 500 since I started doing this.  The two most recent (ie 2 in the past 18 months) where released in another country first, and it pulled in the info for the foreign release which had a different title, cover, etc.  One prob 2.5yrs ago was a bad B movie that was picked up as another bad B movie with the same name released from China.

I will pay close attention and post logs for anything that it mismatches from now on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
b0dyr0ck2006

I’m currently updating my library with x265 versions, my library is split over two drives but the organise function can only work with one drive it seems. Is it possible to get it to use both drives?