Auto Organize - Expanding its functionality

aaronsomek

Well, I spent the morning contemplating the best way to handle 'Editions' in naming.

this is what I came up with.

Defaults for Movies

If the title of the file name does not have any of the flags in its name, sorting will default to the file being the "Theatrical Edition".

The following flags that we look for are:

"Theatrical Version", //Default if no flags are present in the file name.
                "Extended Edition",
                "Special Edition",
                "Directors Cut",
                "Final Cut",
                "Uncut",

Currently, we are not looking for the 'Unrated' flag in Editions.

'Unrated' can also be a 'Directors Cut', and therefore,' decidedly, falls in another flag category. (Which will be added in future release).

The Activity Log

The activity log will now show in a new column (only for movies): "Release Edition".

auto-oragnize_editions.thumb.png.53e9e3a48573e770866321f202e4b5c6.png

Naming the Target File

You will now have the option to name the target file using the 'Release Edition' information.

auto-oragnize_editions_2.png.ab450572871760f8c0a5da2c2bf6aad9.png

Please be advised that the wiki linked as 'Learn More' in the UI, has not been updated in a while, and that your naming scheme has to follow a certain formula.

You are welcome to follow the conversation here to better understand proper naming, and what to expect when adding 'Editions' to the file name: 

This is a beta feature, and therefore has not been complete tested. Feedback would be very welcome.

Finally, because we are reformatting the database which handles this new feature, in order to use it you must follow these steps for installation of the the plugin:

1. Shut down the Emby Server Instance
  2. side load the new plugin dll
  3. locate the 'fileorganztion.db' file in 'programdata/data/fileorganization.db'
  4. delete that file
  5. spin up the emby server

DOWNLOAD: Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

TODO:

• Continue work on "Repacks", and "Proper" auto copy files
Edited by chef

TheUrbanXplorer
1 hour ago, chef said:

Well, I spent the morning contemplating the best way to handle 'Editions' in naming.

this is what I came up with.

Defaults for Movies

If the title of the file name does not have any of the flags in its name, sorting will default to the file being the "Theatrical Edition".

The following flags that we look for are:

"Theatrical Version", //Default if no flags are present in the file name.
                "Extended Edition",
                "Special Edition",
                "Directors Cut",
                "Final Cut",
                "Uncut",

Currently, we are not looking for the 'Unrated' flag in Editions.

'Unrated' can also be a 'Directors Cut', and therefore,' decidedly, falls in another flag category. (Which will be added in future release).

The Activity Log

The activity log will now show in a new column (only for movies): "Release Edition".

auto-oragnize_editions.thumb.png.53e9e3a48573e770866321f202e4b5c6.png

Naming the Target File

You will now have the option to name the target file using the 'Release Edition' information.

auto-oragnize_editions_2.png.ab450572871760f8c0a5da2c2bf6aad9.png

Please be advised that the wiki linked as 'Learn More' in the UI, has not been updated in a while, and that your naming scheme has to follow a certain formula.

You are welcome to follow the conversation here to better understand proper naming, and what to expect when adding 'Editions' to the file name: 

This is a beta feature, and therefore has not been complete tested. Feedback would be very welcome.

Finally, because we are reformatting the database which handles this new feature, in order to use it you must follow these steps for installation of the the plugin:

1. Shut down the Emby Server Instance
  2. side load the new plugin dll
  3. locate the 'fileorganztion.db' file in 'programdata/data/fileorganization.db'
  4. delete that file
  5. spin up the emby server

DOWNLOAD: Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

TODO:

• Continue work on "Repacks", and "Proper" auto copy files

Wow, I missed out on a lot here... I was busy with building work in the house all weekend 🙈.
I'll get straight on it tomorrow morning, read everything, test it and give feedback.

• Thanks 1

I did find one thing I'd like to change.

Episodes are getting the Release Edition treatment, in the activity log.

I think that column should be empty for episodes.

auto-oragnize_editions_3.thumb.png.ddaf3d1ed6e36cccca6e85bfd8caca58.png

I'll work on this tonight.

Otherwise, it all seems to be working as expected.

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef, I now just test through piece by piece.

In this example, unfortunately, he takes the version as a part of the title:1340660644_Screenshot2021-12-0608_14_06.thumb.png.eecf18c56f18efd740713c0cb313f9bd.png

I had read in the log somewhere something with subtitles, so I just tested it with (I don't know if this is ready yet).
The subtitles have not been transmitted.2057167757_InkedScreenshot2021-12-0610_51_54.thumb.jpg.457984f9717fa1a2c8a527f77895b079.jpg

And here, so far, it doesn't recognize the directors cut and puts it on as a standard version.898431054_Screenshot2021-12-0611_55_25.thumb.png.a45cf11404a21b2f48c960b85ec51bbf.png

What I also noticed last week: For some, the resolution is not taken into account, because the spellings are strange, or it is not noted at all. Can't you just read that out of the metadata?
Still on versions:
Maybe the possibility to add your own flags can be implemented somehow. Then also the problem with special versions would be solved, which are not considered in the list yet, because the version is used by the name only with a certain film.

Edited by TheUrbanXplorer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef, I now just test through piece by piece.

In this example, unfortunately, he takes the version as a part of the title:1340660644_Screenshot2021-12-0608_14_06.thumb.png.eecf18c56f18efd740713c0cb313f9bd.png

I had read in the log somewhere something with subtitles, so I just tested it with (I don't know if this is ready yet).
The subtitles have not been transmitted.2057167757_InkedScreenshot2021-12-0610_51_54.thumb.jpg.457984f9717fa1a2c8a527f77895b079.jpg

And here, so far, it doesn't recognize the directors cut and puts it on as a standard version.898431054_Screenshot2021-12-0611_55_25.thumb.png.a45cf11404a21b2f48c960b85ec51bbf.png

What I also noticed last week: For some, the resolution is not taken into account, because the spellings are strange, or it is not noted at all. Can't you just read that out of the metadata?
Still on versions:
Maybe the possibility to add your own flags can be implemented somehow. Then also the problem with special versions would be solved, which are not considered in the list yet, because the version is used by the name only with a certain film.

Okay, back to the drawing board! Not as problem. I'm going to look at the method again and see why it hasn't found the proper naming.

BRB!

Many Thanks!

TheUrbanXplorer
6 minutes ago, chef said:

Okay, back to the drawing board! Not as problem. I'm going to look at the method again and see why it hasn't found the proper naming.

BRB!

Many Thanks!

No thanks @chef!
I have rather to thank! 🙂
That will be pretty, I think!

Found it!

Ops!

I was trying to match "DirectorsCut" instead of "Directors Cut".

One second, I will post an update.

TheUrbanXplorer
10 minutes ago, chef said:

Found it!

Ops!

I was trying to match "DirectorsCut" instead of "Directors Cut".

One second, I will post an update.

It's always the little things in life....🤣

Extended Version.

I have Extended Edition.

I'll add Extended Version to the list.

One moment.

Here is one that looks for "Extended Version" in the name :)

Emby.AutoOrganize.zip

If we come across any other types of naming variances, I'll add them to the list :)

Edited by chef

TheUrbanXplorer
5 minutes ago, chef said:

I'm guessing that, "no news, is good news" 😃

I can't tell you yet, I was unplanned in the hospital. I'm only since yesterday evening back home. Will try tomorrow to test that times.
Sorry that I have not reported.

9 minutes ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

I can't tell you yet, I was unplanned in the hospital. I'm only since yesterday evening back home. Will try tomorrow to test that times.
Sorry that I have not reported.

OMG! I hope you are okay. Cheers! Get well, and I hope you have a speedy recovery! 

• Like 1

TheUrbanXplorer
7 minutes ago, chef said:

OMG! I hope you are okay. Cheers! Get well, and I hope you have a speedy recovery! 

Thanks to you.
Yes, it was just the appendix. It was a bit longer, because I ignored it at first and went too late. The pain goes. The woman who lectures you is much much worse...! 🙄

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
I'm starting to be able to sit at my desk again without the pain knocking me out.
I've been trying things out a bit.
As far as I can tell, it accepts the existing flags.

The following flags need to be added at the moment:
"Extra Large"
"Special Extended Edition"

Has anything actually happened with the subtitles, or is this a sinking ship?🤣

Greetings from Wuppertal

• Like 1

TheUrbanXplorer

What else comes to mind:
In the case of series, he always enters the original title of the series in the case of new ones, which leads to bad titles in the case of anime, for example. He uses the correct German episode name. It all works in the search, but not when naming. It's only been there for a while, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to which version.
Maybe you can have a look.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

What else comes to mind:
In the case of series, he always enters the original title of the series in the case of new ones, which leads to bad titles in the case of anime, for example. He uses the correct German episode name. It all works in the search, but not when naming. It's only been there for a while, unfortunately I didn't pay attention to which version.
Maybe you can have a look.

Hello @chef,
I'm starting to be able to sit at my desk again without the pain knocking me out.
I've been trying things out a bit.
As far as I can tell, it accepts the existing flags.

The following flags need to be added at the moment:
"Extra Large"
"Special Extended Edition"

Has anything actually happened with the subtitles, or is this a sinking ship?🤣

Greetings from Wuppertal

Subtitles are a bit difficult. I think it's about the best way to sort them, and also how to display the options in the activity log.

I'll add those naming options!

Thank you! Glad you are feeling better!

TheUrbanXplorer

Hello @chef,
He couldn't recognise the version of the file "taffe mädels extended cut.mkv".
It's not the end of the world, but I thought it made sense to report something like that.

4 hours ago, TheUrbanXplorer said:

Hello @chef,
He couldn't recognise the version of the file "taffe mädels extended cut.mkv".
It's not the end of the world, but I thought it made sense to report something like that.

I'll check it out right away! Cheers! Brb!

Hello @chef,

"Unrated" is also ignored

Right, I figured  'unrated' fit into a different type of naming option because it was about a rating instead of 'cut'.

I noticed that some versioning had "Director Cut", but also had "Unrated Directors Cut"

Let's see what we can do here today.

• Like 1